Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant understand why some of our fans think Keogh is a liability!?

We finished 3rd last season, got the highest amount of points we have had Keogh was a massive part of that.

He had a blip at Wembley and now our so called fans are on his back. Probably the same ones that booed Dawkins off at Sheffield Wednesday.

Buxton and Forsyth are as much to blame for that Wembley goal. If either of them has defended it properly it would never have got to Keogh.

Ive also seen a lot if fans say "he makes a mistake every week" "hes a liability"

I think Keogh has been brilliant for us this season. Other than giving the penalty away at Charlton what else has he done wrong!?

I cant for the life of me understand why some of our fans want him to go and think we can just replace him easily. With logic such as "Well Loovens had a good game against us last season in the 1 game I saw him. He is QUALITY"

I think Keogh will sign a new deal and I hope he does.

Then again if he comes on here and reads some comments from our so called "supporters" he is probably wondering why he bothers.

I guess the truth is that all clubs have fans that think the grass is always greener on the other side , and will always criticise someone, it's their natural game, there are still people here who think Martin is a donkey, and those who can't wait for a few loses so they can say they told you so, about McClaren, he was always a wally .....

When we are in the champions league and not doing well, you watch, it will be some bodies fault :)

Do people not think its now clear why keogh hasnt signed a new contract, maybe he wants to leave,

Let him go I was massively impressed with shotton, we still have whitbread for cover and a loan can come in if needed

all this captain stuff is rubbish, jake buxton/ bryson are more captains than him,

Do people not think its now clear why keogh hasnt signed a new contract, maybe he wants to leave,

Let him go I was massively impressed with shotton, we still have whitbread for cover and a loan can come in if needed

all this captain stuff is rubbish, Jake Buxton/ bryson are more captains than him,

So you were massively impressed with Shotton in the ONE game you saw him play at RIGHT BACK.

Based on this you would sell Keogh?

Unbelievable.

all this captain stuff is rubbish, Jake Buxton/ bryson are more captains than him,

How do you know Jake and Bryson are 'more captains'?

SM seems to think RK is.

IMO, Richard Keogh is not more captain than Bryson, he's the same amount of captain. He's also the same amount of captain as Jake Buxton. No, yeah, as you say, Richard Keogh should never have been captain of a football club obviously, never mind Derby County, we've got better options at the club.

IMO, Richard Keogh is not more captain than Bryson, he's the same amount of captain. He's also the same amount of captain as Jake Buxton. No, yeah, as you say, Richard Keogh should never have been captain of a football club obviously, never mind Derby County, we've got better options at the club.

This is amusing...

Keogh is exactly 100% more captain than either... because he IS the captain...

You can't be 'captainy'... you either are or you're not...

Keogh wants to go.

He's got the wide open plains and fresh grass of Burnley in his nostrils.

its making him frisky.

Just down the motorway from Blackpool - who could blame him? Illuminations start next week.

This is amusing...

Keogh is exactly 100% more captain than either... because he IS the captain...

You can't be 'captainy'... you either are or you're not...

He can wear the captain's armband all he likes, but he's not at all captainy,  he's just a bit of a muppet. If you're reading this, Richard Keogh, yeah but no but, lets have a fight.

John Eustace is quite captainy and so is Lee Grant. If he was a bit older you might look at Will Hughes. But the probable choice will be Chris Martin. He's a regular starter, not a GK and old enough to do it.

Seriously, if you're looking around the pitch for guidance and you see Richard Keogh flapping his arms about pretending he's on little Britain, you're going to be lost. Chris Martin is a cool character, except for when he misses a shot, but that's okay. In his interviews he's a lot easier on the ear than Keogh, that's for sure.

Archived