Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it's for Keogh but Burnley have applied for an extension to try and complete one last signing. Didn't say who it was. 

It'll be the Chalobah loan I think. It'll be someone that a bid has already been accepted for and they just need another hour or so to complete the last bits of paperwork.

I didn't like him when he was body to body with someone - I will admit that he, without pressure, could put his head through a ball but as soon as he was stood up next to someone he was poor. 

I've just looked at his stats, aerial duals is around 50% which for a CB is poor. 

Fair enough! To be fair I only saw him play a handful of times, perhaps I caught his better performances. Always looked like he was going to score for us from set pieces which would have been handy.

I like this bit from the article:

The message from Derby is that the ownership group and management team are convinced that the club is in good shape and are excited about the coming weeks and months.

Keogh is likely to sign a new contract when he returns from international duty with Republic of Ireland.

I wonder what odds I could get on Keogh being the person directly responsible for destroying this season's promotion push.

My faith in him has gone. After several games watching him my faith in him as captain has been shot into pieces.

He, Richard Keogh, is just not, in any way, good enough for this team, if it wants to be higher than mid table Championship.

Boo all you like cus I know you will anyway.

I wonder what odds I could get on Keogh being the person directly responsible for destroying this season's promotion push.

My faith in him has gone. After several games watching him my faith in him as captain has been shot into pieces.

He, Richard Keogh, is just not, in any way, good enough for this team, if it wants to be higher than mid table Championship.

If he was good enough to captain a side to 3rd in the table last season, why isn't he good enough to do it again this season?

If he was good enough to captain a side to 3rd in the table last season, why isn't he good enough to do it again this season?

Maybe his heart isn't in it anymore, who can blame him after his successful stint as a kit model this summer! :ph34r:

Keoghs next contract is likely to be his most lucrative. In no way shape or form is he under pressure to commit to anything before he is ready. He is a professional footballer and will no doubt look after his own & his family interests first. That is absolutely to be expected. Would you do anything different in his shoes? I know I wouldn't.

To call into question his character over this or to believe it would affect the other members of the team is very wide of the mark.

Well if he isn't under pressure he should be. We now risk losing him for very little in January or nothing in the summer if he opts not to sign.

As someone wanting to get the best for himself and his family are you suggesting he will be actively looking to get the best contract on offer, wherever that may be? If it is possible to do that and concentrate on your game fair enough.

How that would affect his colleagues is guesswork but you often see players saying how contract negotiations affect things, so I wouldn't be too hasty in ruling out my guess as 'wide of the mark'!

I was accused of over analyzing things earlier this week, but thanks for taking it one step beyond  ;)

I'm not going to boo - I just might ring the loony bin though to tell them that one of their inmates may have escaped because you, sir or madam, are either trolling, as thick as two short planks or plain honest-to-goodness goldfish-juggling bonkers.

Wow.

That takes the crown.

Easily the most ludicrous thing i have ever read on this forum. And there have been plenty of things as nutty as bat *****.

I commend you, court jester.

Obviously F***** fans have nowt to do again!!!!!!

Archived