Derby County v Ipswich Town

PrivateDerby

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After winning 5-1 in our last league game I cant see why we would change a winning side.

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, Russell, Martin

Subs Roos, Mascarell, Shotton, Hughes, Dawkins, Ibe, Best

Harsh on Whitbread. But someones got to miss out on the bench tomorrow.

That's exactly my predicted line up and subs too. Not sure I can recall such a strong looking bench. 

After winning 5-1 in our last league game I cant see why we would change a winning side.

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, Russell, Martin

I'd put Hughes in for Bryson, personally.

Ipswich are a well-drilled and organised side and I don't think the sheer energy of Bryson and Hendrick will be enough to break them down. We need someone who can play that killer pass that unlocks the defence.

Agree completely, you can't change a team that beat last season premier team 5-1.

More of the same tomorrow please

Agree completely, you can't change a team that beat last season premier team 5-1.

More of the same tomorrow please

Grant
Christie Keogh Whitbread Forsyth
Eustace
Hughes Hendrick
Ward Martin Ibe

I don't think Bucko is fully fit, so I would rest him until he is, don't want his hip problem to get worse (He has got a hip injury, right?)

Ibe maybe too early, but if he's as good as people make him out to be, I would start him. But I imagine Steve will leave him on the bench for the first game, at least.

I agree with this, all but (and sorry to be a part pooper) but I don't think Ibe will be in the 18 tomorrow. He has not unpacked his case yet. If Buxton is fit he should play, but I would have Whitbread as cover. I think depending on the circs at the time, but I am hoping we are at least 1 up at that point, Mac will want to get both Shotton and Hughes on early in the second half as subs for Eustace and Hendrick/Bryson. Russell needs to have a good game in him tomorrow owise I think he is quite vulnerable in respect of next game.

I agree with this, all but (and sorry to be a part pooper) but I don't think Ibe will be in the 18 tomorrow. He has not unpacked his case yet. If Buxton is fit he should play, but I would have Whitbread as cover. I think depending on the circs at the time, but I am hoping we are at least 1 up at that point, Mac will want to get both Shotton and Hughes on early in the second half as subs for Eustace and Hendrick/Bryson. Russell needs to have a good game in him tomorrow owise I think he is quite vulnerable in respect of next game.

I agree. And if he is in the 18 I would say he'd be on the bench, highly unlikely to start. Russell and Ward deserve to keep their places for now anyway.

I agree. And if he is in the 18 I would say he'd be on the bench, highly unlikely to start. Russell and Ward deserve to keep their places for now anyway.

Providing clearance is in, he will surely be on the bench. Can't see him not being.

Archived