Derby County v Ipswich Town

PrivateDerby

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One day we'll beat Ipswich. Missed the game today but some bipolar fans on a text stream I was watching want us to get tough. Our pretty football doesn't work.

Looked alright last season and I'm not sure we've struggled physically in any game before today? Assuming they aren't throwing out lines they hear on Sky.

Looking forward to reports.

I'm guessing somebody who didn't play would have won it for us...

Started well then Hendrick got injured. Very poor after that, so sloppy. Ipswich were rubbish, and rarely looked dangerous. Christie was poor, Ward was poor and kept giving stupid free kicks away. Ref was shocking for both teams so no complaints there. Worst of all, I've got a Craig Ramage impersonator sat behind me for the season. Feeling idiots

Ratings -

Grant 5, Christie 5, Keogh 8, Buxton 7, Forsyth 3, Eustace 3, Bryson 2, Hughes 6, Ward 6, Russell 6, Martin 6.

Referee 0.1.

I did not  go , and have not seen their goal, but how can you rate out centre backs so highly when they scored with a header ?, just asking.

I did not go , and have not seen their goal, but how can you rate out centre backs so highly when they scored with a header ?, just asking.

Because they won everything else and made no mistakes. With zero defensive help infront of us.

We haven't been able to defend set pieces for years now. Nothing changes there.

Ratings -

Grant 5, Christie 5, Keogh 8, Buxton 7, Forsyth 3, Eustace 3, Bryson 2, Hughes 6, Ward 6, Russell 6, Martin 6.

Referee 0.1.

agree with these apart from you've gone way over the top with the ref. There's no way he was worth 0.1 more like 0.00000001 and that's being generous.

We were playing horrible hoof ball on their level today. So disappointing. Not helped by the ref granted, but I dare say Eustace also contributed. Too slow on and off the ball. Needed to bring on Mascarell.

Because they won everything else and made no mistakes. With zero defensive help infront of us.

We haven't been able to defend set pieces for years now. Nothing changes there.

How many goals have we conceded from set-pieces over the past 12 months?

I don't think we're particularly soft in this aspect, everyone concedes set pieces - even Chelsea.

Hughes and Russell 6's but Eustace 3 and Bryson 2? Why?

Eustace was slow, didn't do his job of being the destroying and contributed to the hoof ball by not showing for the ball and passing back when he got it.

Bryson a 2 for the number of times he touched the ball.

If we're serious about promotion then we really need to start figuring out how to win games like this, and fast. Ipswich are no mugs for sure, but we shouldn't be dropping points against pretty average sides.

Worst thing about today is that Ipswich fans are probably saying exactly the same thing.

I don't think we're particularly soft in this aspect, everyone concedes set pieces - even Chelsea.

The shityourselfometer when we face a set piece is off the scale.

Exactly, don't remember that many we have let in, we are probably average in the league for this.

Archived