Derby County v Ipswich Town

PrivateDerby

I didn't think many played well yesterday.

Grant - did all he could.

Forsyth - looked to be taking decisions to lightly and lost the ball too many times.

Keogh - Bottled it in aerial battles - in fact he won just one all game according to OPTA - passing was good though, but he looked piss weak going man to man.

Buxton - won his battles, but lost the ball through careless errors.

Christie - easily our best player until their goal and a clamitous last 20.

Eustace - poor.

Bryson - poor.

Hendrick - added steal, Hughes - I thought did okay but offered little.

Ward - best first half his produced in about a year; poor second.

Russell - seemed to be behind the pace of the game.

Martin - our MOTM, he had an exceptional first half, quiet second.

That's how I saw it anyway. Buxton had a pass accuracy of less than 80% for the first time in these last two seasons.

Having said all that we still could have won that game .

Leon Best over the bar and Martin and Ward with very good efforts on goal 2nd half.

I'll leave it to The 3 SSS as 8 point out of 15 isn't a disaster.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having said all that we still could have won that game .

Leon Best over the bar and Martin and Ward with very good efforts on goal 2nd half.

I'll leave it to The 3 SSS as 8 point out of 15 isn't a disaster.

8 points from 15 on average is enough to get us in the play-offs. At the minute, that's exactly where I expect us to be, 

8 points from 15 on average is enough to get us in the play-offs. At the minute, that's exactly where I expect us to be,

I started a topic closed season saying this season the Championship will be tougher than last and I think it will with the likes of Forest, Norwich,Wolves,Watford ,Cardiff and even I said Fulham but they don't look that good to be honest but it's early season still .

10 games in is more telling than 5

I expect playoffs again but it's too early yet .

Sheff Wed and Millwall have improved and Rotherham are doing ok and who knows about Leeds !

Derby haven't found their feet yet .

Dangerous game to put Mascarell in at Forest, looks a bit lightweight to me for an away game and got outmuscled a few times in the home game with Charlton, cant see a game at the City Ground being his cup of tea in the rough and tumble, not saying he cant pass it well.

Two points. Mascarel as yet has not adapted to the pace n physicality of championship and should not start at forest. Second point, although Christie did not make much attempt with berra. The cross was put in high with very little pace and was on cornet of 6 yard box for me grant half came n stopped he should of come and collected it easily.

Then we will have defenders marking bigger opponents. Which was the point you were querying

Just struck me that Christie would not be the best bet to be marking Berra. I would have thought Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth and possibly Eustace and Martin would have all been better bets, or do Ipswich have that many threats greater than Berra?

Although they didn't look anything special and don't have much financial clout, Ipswich might do better than we expect come the end of the season, they were only just out of the play offs last season so if they do finish that high again a home draw probably isn't the worst result ever, just that at the minute they haven't collected a great number of points.

what i can see us doing is a similiar fashion to reading a few years ago, never really pulling over any cartwagons, and half way through the season top end midtable/bottom top half/ then (thorne + hendrick come back) we smash a 20 match winning run and win the league

Just watched Full 90 via Rams Player. Listening to the audio Saturday, I got the gist of how we performed, but it was ways better to see the video.

First off, hats off to Ipswich. They have played very poorly so far this season, but yesterday I they played decent enough to get the point, regardless of some lucky breaks they got,which mainly included us not finishing chances.

Now to us.  Again, we had several chances imo to finish and get max points out of this match but failed to do so.  The goal they had was just simply bad communication in terms of defensive marking and that cannot happen.  When they almost scored another was again bad defense and bad concentration.

As others have said when Hendrick went out, our flow in the midfield and really the whole team just went downhill and essentially it looked like were just playing for a point rather than going for it. Great job by Martin.  The main positives that I saw were the play by Best when he came on, and getting good chances; just have to finish them. Again, we left points on the pitch due to this.

We simply have to improve on finishing our chances and also to dominate a team that we are far superior than to get the max points. I for one am not concerned as we are in 7th position and are in good shape of course as their are still 41 matches left. If we had finished all our chances we had this season as we should have, then we would be at the top of the table, easily. However, that is not the case and we just have to get better in that respect.

Motm:I will go with Martin because he did score and played pretty solid all around.

Suggestions for Forest: Be more aggressive in finding space and please finish chances!

Just struck me that Christie would not be the best bet to be marking Berra. I would have thought Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth and possibly Eustace and Martin would have all been better bets, or do Ipswich have that many threats greater than Berra?

I thought berra was climbing"

Archived