Derby County v Ipswich Town

PrivateDerby

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eustace was slow, didn't do his job of being the destroying and contributed to the hoof ball by not showing for the ball and passing back when he got it.Bryson a 2 for the number of times he touched the ball.

I agree. The question was more related to why Hughes and Russell were so much better. They literally contributed nothing

Started ok.

Bryson and martin were linking well.

But hendrick going off seemed to disrupt us.

Hughes got walloped shortly after coming on and never really got going thereafter.

Forsyth was shocking all game.

I'm finding the criticism of christie and keogh puzzling.

Christie played well with little support.

Keogh was no better or worse than anyone.

Buxton was clearly struggling with his hip.

He was limping and holding the top of his leg.

Neither saw nor heard the game, so this comment may be b*llocks. But if Bucko was struggling with his hip, it's a poor call by either him or the management team to let him play, given both Whitbread and Shotton were fit and available. I understand he wants to keep the shirt, but I hope it hasn't cost us.

And will the woman behind me please shut the **** up.

Screeching COOOMMEE ON every 30 seconds.

I may yet punch a woman at a match.

Eustace was slow, didn't do his job of being the destroying and contributed to the hoof ball by not showing for the ball and passing back when he got it.

Bryson a 2 for the number of times he touched the ball.

I didn't rate Eustace v Fulham either but everyone thought he was the perfect balancing act. I thought he was very Savage like by always putting the ball back where it came from or even further back killing all tempo. Off the ball he was ok tbf.

Quite rated him last season for a while too.

Just when we truly need that something more from that area, Eustace doesn't play with the intensity.

I'm not saying he's ***** btw.

Did Forsyth get forward more? Missing out on him. Only did it at Carlisle really. His crossing is the best in the squad

One or twice but not really. Delivery wasn't great when he did get forward too.

Christie got forward well and put great balls in. I just don't rate him as a defender and he gave away too many stupid free kicks.

We need a new left back

Fortunately we know he can play better but yes he was v.poor today. Sat just behind the dugout today very interesting, if it was'nt on here that CM had signed a new deal I would hvae thought he was  off.Ipswich out fought us and tugged, pulled, niggled ,played handball for alot of the game the ref was *****.

Criticism of Keogh is a bit puzzling today - many more played a worse - including his cb partner. We were poor, but I think a lot of that was down to the mick McCarthy style of football from Ipswich. Anyone know why a group got chucked out the south stand near the end?

After Hendrick got injured our midfield did their best impression of WMDs in Iraq and were abseloutely nowhere to be seen.

Thought Keogh was our best defender today, lost count of the amount of times Buxton and Forsyth gave the ball away and Eustace was bypassed far too much by Ipswich in the 2nd half.

We gave away far too many freekicks around the edge of our own box, and guess what, Ipswich's strength is booting it onto Berra's bonce from attacking set pieces and we gave them so many chances to do it.

Best put himself about but missed an abseloute sitter from a corner and we only woke up 2 minutes into added time.

In short: first 20 odd minutes 9/10

Last 70 3/10

We were poor today, despite a bright start. The ref was infuriating but we did give away far too many stupid fouls, not to mention an irregularly bizarre number of loose balls.

Thought Ward was our best player, but he also struggled at times when we seemed to lose our heads and give the ball away or stupid fouls.

Both teams had great chances for a second goal, but I wouldn't say either of us deserved one.

Any word on Hendrick?

Disappointing result/performance obviously but about what you'd expect from a side drilled by Big Mick in that they would make it very hard for us.

Nevertheless seemed like we took our foot off the gas after going ahead with umpteen backpasses to Grant in the first half, must have been about a world record which took all the momentum out of our game along with the injuries.

It was maddening the ref made them take the free kick again from which they eventually scored, as they had already taken it short and you just knew next time it was going in the box and sods law was that it would end up as a goal, but in general we gave away far too many free kicks in bad areas and too many players were below par for us to win the game.

My Marks

Grant 7 - Some good saves in the second half when at times we weren't functioning and at other times we were going all out to get the winner

Christie 8 - Some lapses near the end but generally very encouraging again, the only bloke to put decent balls in from wide areas and showed he could beat a full back to do so, something that was lacking elsewhere

Forsyth 4 - Nightmare distribution, don't think he passed to a Derby player all match, made Darren Moore look like Beckenbauer which is some achievement, limited progress down the flank too

Keogh 7 (or 6) - Thought he was competitive at the back though would like to see their goal again to see who lost their man, if it was Kee dock him a point!

Buxton 5 - Looked laboured and passing was often astray, one moment summed it up when he passed inbetween Keogh and their attacker and Keogh didn't know whether to go for it or not so just left it! Also too many backpasses in the first half.

Bryson 5 - Rather invisible during the match, still not got the form of last season yet

Eustace 7 - Steady enough overall does what he does

Hendrick 6 - Not really on long enough to gauge but the early minutes were our brightest when he was there

Martin 7 - Battled away but the ref was giving him nothing this time, didn't quite have shooting boots on after his goal

Ward 6 - First half was decent but became very petulant as game went on, giving away too many free kicks (including the one for the goal) and getting engaged in incidents that resulted in time being wasted (e.g. throwing ball away etc)

Russell 5 - Largely ineffective, header off the line before goal and one good run which he overdid but mostly down blind alleys

Subs

Hughes 5 - No real impact second half as they bossed the midfield for the most part, though in his defence did take a heavy knock on the ankle soon after coming on so not sure if that slowed him down

Best 6 - Physical presence but was caught offside quite a lot which was frustrating

Dawkins 7 - Looked lively in the cameo role again, almost created one for Martin near end

Comments like we need a new LB and is best the new Sammon Jesus why try find someone to blame who isn't classed as one of our players?? Bryson has been worse than most so has Russell? Not many blaming them?

Anyway

Ward, Martin and Grant our best players today Leon best won everything in the air when he came on ok probably should've scored the header but only had one chance! Massive game coming up we do need to win but on current form ATM I would take a point against the scum

Archived