Derby County v Ipswich Town

PrivateDerby

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Rams will pass them to death today (watched Ipwich against Norwich last week - very poor)

So 4 for Derby today - no reply

Same team as against Fulham - but with some very good bench warmers to bring on.....Calero, Ibe for 20 mins

Don't expect Calero to be on the bench.

The bench is what intrigues me today.

Looking at it theres 9 players. Roos, Shotton, Whitbread, Naylor, Mascarell, Hughes, Dawkins, Ibe, Best. All vying for 7 positions on the bench.

Obviously Naylor will miss out. Then I think its between Whitbread and Mascarell for the last place.

As harsh as it is. I think Whitbread will miss out.

Can't see Mascarell missing out. Otherwise whats the point in us keeping him? He's on loan from Real and could be playing in their B team every week.

Tough call for Stevie Mac today.

Strongest squad we have had that I can remember.

The bench is what intrigues me today.

Looking at it theres 9 players. Roos, Shotton, Whitbread, Naylor, Mascarell, Hughes, Dawkins, Ibe, Best. All vying for 7 positions on the bench.

Obviously Naylor will miss out. Then I think its between Whitbread and Mascarell for the last place.

As harsh as it is. I think Whitbread will miss out.

Can't see Mascarell missing out. Otherwise whats the point in us keeping him? He's on loan from Real and could be playing in their B team every week.

Tough call for Stevie Mac today.

Strongest squad we have had that I can remember.

My thoughts exactly.

• Calero and Santos played yesterday so won't be in contention.
  • Currently the only injuries (I think) are Thorne, Coutts, Barker. With niggles to Bucko and Christie.
  • You could make an argument for not including Ibe or Shotton as they've only joined this week so aren't used to the team (though obviously Shotton played the full 90 on Tuesday).
  • Eustace as ever has been the model pro and forced his way back last week, and has to keep his place for the balance he brings to the team.
  • If Mascarell doesn't even make the bench, then Real will want him back. And the hope is he will blossom into a big player for us as the season goes on.
  • Whitbread's played twice, both times extremely well, and we haven't conceded a goal (and have won both games).
  • And Rawson was on the bench this week too, plus I'm keen to see Bunjaku at some point. And Lowe!

Last season the difference was greater strength in depth, but now look at us. If (and this is the challenge) we keep the squad happy, then this is a powerful promotion squad. Injuries will come at which point the 18 will more easily pick themselves, but the menagement have got to make some difficult choices today. And one extra question is left-back cover - would Hughes drop back into that position if Fozzy gets a knock?

My thoughts exactly.

• Calero and Santos played yesterday so won't be in contention.
  • Currently the only injuries (I think) are Thorne, Coutts, Barker. With niggles to Bucko and Christie.
  • You could make an argument for not including Ibe or Shotton as they've only joined this week so aren't used to the team (though obviously Shotton played the full 90 on Tuesday).
  • Eustace as ever has been the model pro and forced his way back last week, and has to keep his place for the balance he brings to the team.
  • If Mascarell doesn't even make the bench, then Real will want him back. And the hope is he will blossom into a big player for us as the season goes on.
  • Whitbread's played twice, both times extremely well, and we haven't conceded a goal (and have won both games).
  • And Rawson was on the bench this week too, plus I'm keen to see Bunjaku at some point. And Lowe!

Last season the difference was greater strength in depth, but now look at us. If (and this is the challenge) we keep the squad happy, then this is a powerful promotion squad. Injuries will come at which point the 18 will more easily pick themselves, but the menagement have got to make some difficult choices today. And one extra question is left-back cover - would Hughes drop back into that position if Fozzy gets a knock?

You were making so much sense until you suggested Hughes at left back.

Archived