Burnley look to revive a bid for Richard Keogh - Daily Mail

Ambitious

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We've been in for a few and it's not just us in for those players. There's Championship clubs who have kept players because they're giving them bigger contracts than we can give them. It's just the reality of being Burnley Football Club and going into this new world."

I wondr who Dyche was talking about here...

I would let him go. Forget that he is Captain. Bucko and Eustace are the two the others actually like dishing out the orders. Keogh blames others for his own mistakes. He has always been a liability. It would not impact team moral negatively at all. Because when that guy who always messes up is barking orders at you like a mad man, when you make a tiny insignificant mistake you want rid of him. 

"We've been in for a few and it's not just us in for those players. There's Championship clubs who have kept players because they're giving them bigger contracts than we can give them. It's just the reality of being Burnley Football Club and going into this new world."

Still got his bottom lip wobbling about Bryson then.

And what does that last bit mean? "The reality of being Burnley Football Club" is that they are a small club, becoming a big club, but still with a small club underdog mentality. And the Premier League will tear you apart when you're an underdog. They deserve to be where they are because they won enough games. Start acting like it. Don't give this whole "woe is me, Burnley is just a small town with a small humble football club" *****. Just seems like they're making excuses. You chose to sign Lukas Jutciewicz and Marvin Sordell, now you've got to live with it.

If it came to a situation between keeping one out of Martin or Keogh to keep to a budget is rather loose Keogh. With Bucko, Shotton & Whitbread + Christie at a push our options are pretty good.

Besides he knows he'd be behind Duff & Shackell in the pecking order anyway...

This is not me trying to catch you out (honestly Bris), just wondering what you make of this, given you've always been vary strongly on the "there's no such thing as a big club, only league position" side of things.

For the record I've often agreed with you - why would you sign for Sheffield Weds over QPR, for example? But Burnley's size seems to be holding them back quite a bit....

Archived