Burnley look to revive a bid for Richard Keogh - Daily Mail

Ambitious

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that. Seems a lot have the knives out considering he was highly praised towards the end of last season and when we fended off the last attempt. Not that 2m ish doesn't represent good value or anything.

Maybe the romantic in me sees the club captain as first name on the sheet, bleeds black and white etc. etc. Just surprised at the tone.

Yes he did obviously early on needed a little guidance on where the centre half inside him needed him to position himself off him also similarly where players expected him to be when going forward.He will be better once he has trained with the players for a few days but his physical presence and height came in use full at dead balls into our box.

Could he replace Keogh no idea yet but Buxton could move over easily and Whitbread is a more than adequate replacement especially being left footed he is very comfortable on that side.

Pretty sure if Keogh leaves then Mac will have already have identified a replacement personally I do not care if he goes have said before we need to improve this department if we are to go up automatically.He will remember when he was here before Jim Smith did not hesisitate to replace a more than use full partnership when Igor came calling.

Now if only we could find another Igor then noboby would be having this conversation

Didn't Michael Keane have to play as the the right CB, for the 1st time in his career, because Bucko wouldn't move across. If so, he's hardly likely to change to accommodate Whitbread.

I get that. Seems a lot have the knives out considering he was highly praised towards the end of last season and when we fended off the last attempt. Not that 2m ish doesn't represent good value or anything.

Maybe the romantic in me sees the club captain as first name on the sheet, bleeds black and white etc. etc. Just surprised at the tone.

I am surprised by his not signing a contract extension with us given his seniority in the side. But then I don't know what offer is on the table!

I personally think he is carrying the burden of the Wembley thing on his shoulders and won't let it lie.

So for our sakes and his the time has come to part company, providing the Burnley lot offer north of

how do you know what keogh is thinking/feeling?

Did you see him at Wembley after Zamora scored?

Did you see hom after the final whistle.

Have you seen him this season a shadow of his former self.

He isn't signing a new contract.

What more evidence do you need!!!! Shall we contact the club psychiatrist? His Mum? His agent?

In a nut shell bore off IMO

What more evidence do you need!!!! Shall we contact the club psychiatrist? His Mum? His agent?

so you don't.

'bore off' - quite so.

I too think it's on his mind, and he won't let it lie until he gets the monkey off his back and leads us up.

Haven't seen one mistake or poor decision from him so far this season, Shotton plays 1 decent match, in a different position, and it seems most people want rid soon as!

I don't know whether it's on his mind or not - i don't know the bloke.

I actually think he's played ok this season - very similar to last.  

I wouldn't sell him.  Will the club?  If they get the right offer - probably...

We don't really know if he's not signing a new contract.  He hasn't yet - but then neither has Martin or grant and until recently Ward or SM for that matter.

Let's see.

Why hasn't he signed a new deal then if he's so determined to "lead us to the top"

Surely that would be the first thing you'd do (?); forget last season, commit to the club (like Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Buxton, Forsyth, Ward...) and prove the doubters wrong.

That's My opinion anyway.

We all saw what happened at Wembley we lost.

We couldn't score against 10 men

Keogh ,Forsyth and Buxton were all responsible for not defending Zamora's goal.

We don't know if he's been offered a new contract or if he has what's the deal !

He's not a shadow of his former self he's played every game so far and we have 7 points out of 12 and still in the Cup.

Buxton has missed both Cup games.

We have had 3 clean sheets 2 whilst Whitbread and Keogh have been together.

Buxton and Keogh have done well together and Bucko is carrying an injury

So what's the problem.

We all saw what happened at Wembley we lost.

We couldn't score against 10 men

Keogh ,Forsyth and Buxton were all responsible for not defending Zamora's goal.

We don't know if he's been offered a new contract or if he has what's the deal !

He's not a shadow of his former self he's played every game so far and we have 7 points out of 12 and still in the Cup.

Buxton has missed both Cup games.

We have had 3 clean sheets 2 whilst Whitbread and Keogh have been together.

Buxton and Keogh have done well together and Bucko is carrying an injury

So what's the problem.

No problem I just believe he is going to leave, merely an opinion is all!

Archived