Burnley look to revive a bid for Richard Keogh - Daily Mail

Ambitious

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've reached a point now where the transfer window bores the ***** out of me.

People love the gossip and rumours and "big summer signings". I just can't wait until it's over.

Now now you miserable bugger, its what forums are about, when a rumour comes up do we blank it until the transfer happens or discuss the what if's?

Does that also apply to talking about the match, we can only discuss it after the game?

Be a quiet forum if we did.

By the way, you heard out about a German centre back?

Forsyth had never played left back before and has been fantastic there, so the "unknown" argument doesn't get you very far.

I'm not sure where Shotton will play but if McClaren puts him at CB, I'll have faith. Just because a player hasn't played in a particular position before, doesn't mean he won't do well there, and McClaren and co. have brought in some very good players - why should his be any different?

People are talking like Keogh has already gone.

It's all conjecture and I don't think Keogh will leave.

Plus Buxton is injured and Whitbread has been injured a lot

Keogh is always ever present near enough and that's vital for us .

Last time Keogh was injured Bucko looked lost.

It's probably an overreaction but if Keogh goes I will be very unhappy.

I'd rather he stayed. We've lost worse though. Like Commons most recently. Teams lose big players all the time and survive and improve.

Like Wisdom. We found a player a couple of divisions lower that so far matches up quite well.

It was losing Shackell that lead to Keogh.

We'll survive. It's if we lose a few players that it becomes a nightmare.

Look at Southampton. Would they drastically miss any single one of the players they've sold? But all together? Ouch

Now now you miserable bugger, its what forums are about, when a rumour comes up do we blank it until the transfer happens or discuss the what if's?

Does that also apply to talking about the match, we can only discuss it after the game?

Be a quiet forum if we did.

By the way, you heard out about a German centre back?

I just said I was bored!! Me!

Jeez, I thought I'd get ignored and I've drawn fire from the dictator and the Viking!

I'd rather he stayed. We've lost worse though. Like Commons most recently. Teams lose big players all the time and survive and improve.

Like Wisdom. We found a player a couple of divisions lower that so far matches up quite well.

It was losing Shackell that lead to Keogh.

We'll survive. It's if we lose a few players that it becomes a nightmare.

Look at Southampton. Would they drastically miss any single one of the players they've sold? But all together? Ouch

Here's one for you Alpha I'd rather lose Hendrick than Keogh and I love Hendrick

People are talking like Keogh has already gone.

It's all conjecture and I don't think Keogh will leave.

Plus Buxton is injured and Whitbread has been injured a lot

Keogh is always ever present near enough.

Of course, and I agree, I'd also be surprised if he left. But you shouldn't write Shotton off as a centre-half before he's even played there. You also shouldn't write him off on how he played last night - I haven't seen it but i hear he did a decent job, plus he's probably not at full fitness.

Of course, and I agree, I'd also be surprised if he left. But you shouldn't write Shotton off as a centre-half before he's even played there. You also shouldn't write him off on how he played last night - I haven't seen it but i hear he did a decent job, plus he's probably not at full fitness.

Im not writing Shotton off he played quite well last night but not as well as Christie has been playing but Christies only played 4 games and it's a 46 game league season and you need a big squad for promotion

Shotton is a good acquisition and can play anywhere across the back 4 and the DM role but that doesn't mean he's good enough to replace Keogh

Write him off? He was excellent, and looked very fit.

Im not writing Shotton off he played quite well last night but not as well as Christie has been playing but Christies only played 4 games and it's a 46 game league season and you need a big squad for promotion

Shotton is a good acquisition and can play anywhere across the back 4 and the DM role but that doesn't mean he's good enough to replace Keogh

No, it doesn't automatically mean he's good enough to replace Keogh. Because of the wide range of positions he can play one senses he will be used as utility back-up, but if Keogh does leave, I've seen nothing to suggest that Shotton wouldn't be a good enough standard to replace him.

Yes he did obviously early on needed a little guidance on where the centre half inside him needed him to position himself off him also similarly where players expected him to be when going forward.He will be better once he has trained with the players for a few days but his physical presence and height came in use full at dead balls into our box.

Could he replace Keogh no idea yet but Buxton could move over easily and Whitbread is a more than adequate replacement especially being left footed he is very comfortable on that side.

Pretty sure if Keogh leaves then Mac will have already have identified a replacement personally I do not care if he goes have said before we need to improve this department if we are to go up automatically.He will remember when he was here before Jim Smith did not hesisitate to replace a more than use full partnership when Igor came calling.

Now if only we could find another Igor then noboby would be having this conversation

You have me wrong here mate I'm delighted Shotton has signed fact.

I don't want Keogh to leave fact.

OK. We're sort of on the same page then. I don't want Keogh to leave either but, unlike you, I'm confident that Shotton would prove an adequate replacement.

It's all hypothetical anyway. I doubt very much that Keogh will leave.

I personally think Keogh will be gone and Shotton will be his replacement.

No way will Shotton join us to sit on the bench, he plays down the right hand side and has openly stated he wants to be centre back so he is for me the replacement.

If he isn't and Keogh is sold then I have full faith in McClaren to bring an equal or better replacement.

With Eustace, Mascarell and Hughes all options for CDM, Shotton wont be playing there as its his 3rd choice position out of RB, CB and CDM plus he has hardly played there.

I know its only Nixon but he reported Burnleys interest in Keogh a while ago but our asking price was too much so they went for Craig Dawson who they have since missed out on, them coming back in for Keogh makes sense. Nixon said the fee we were asking was more than WBA were wanting for Dawson, not sure how much it was but i'm sure a 2.5m bid was rejected for Dawson so I am guessing we said 2.5-3m for Keogh - that price will only drop the longer it takes Keogh to sign a new deal so if Keogh isn't going to sign a new deal then sell him now, Burnley desperatly need players so we could get around 2m out of them for Keogh.

Its either Keogh signs a new deal and stays or he doesn't and we sell...we are not in a position to let him stay and potentially lose him for nothing at the end of the season

Archived