The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the utterly moronic would be advocating that view. Yesterday's result was as much down to us blowing it than them being great. They deserved the win, we were useless for the entire second half, but they're not going to go up against sides that charitable every other week.

They'll struggle to make the playoffs from here.

New to this forum, have been reading this thread with interest though and thought I'd better start contributing <ok>

Some Spireite views from Saturday:

"County fans... Classless! I've been reading their forum and not one mention of how well we played. No references to any of our players they liked the look of. No mention of the excellent turn out from our fans. And no mention of if we'd have been more clinical upfront it could have been a different result." - Seems a bit bitter of them but I thought interesting nontheless... I've not checked myself but I'm sure they received some credit?

"We were the better side other than in and around their box. Then it went wrong."

"I presume Chris Martin is normally better than that. A rubbish dive and that was about it. Has the physique of a pub player too."

"the difference was in the final third, other than that we were superior"

"To be honest after all the critiscm after last week defeat by forest and all the hype for this fixture I expected derby to steam roller us but it never happened ,we took the game to derby and they couldn't cope.We was let down in front of goal admit but if we had scored a goal who knows. Iwasent let down by our game plan,the support was superb,overall im very happy and lost me voice...expected more from the rams."

Overall consensus seems to be that they expected more from us and outplayed us. There's one lone Ram on their forum trying to instigate a bit of sensible debate but they ain't having none of it. They seem strangely bitter considering that they gave a very good account of themselves.

I quite liked Chesterfield before going on their forum but it seems on there like they just can't stand to lose :-/

Their fans sat down all match and were mostly quiet. On the pitch we experimented with different systems and were just toying with them, we never really got out of second gear, Bent should have had a Hattrick, Chesterfield did ok, nowt special, think they're getting a little bit het up over nothing, like if we played away at Chelsea, their fans wouldn't give a fook about how well we played.

Their fans sat down all match and were mostly quiet. On the pitch we experimented with different systems and were just toying with them, we never really got out of second gear, Bent should have had a Hattrick, Chesterfield did ok, nowt special, think they're getting a little bit het up over nothing, like if we played away at Chelsea, their fans wouldn't give a fook about how well we played.

They seems to think they're Real Madrid or something. Nothing special at all.

"Not suprised we hardly tested the Derby keeper when we keep playing the leagues top scorer as a winger to accommodate Armand.,Derby should have been out of sight the chances they created second half with one on ones goal line clearances etc.Yes we enjoyed the majority of posession and out passed Derby but they had the cutting edge.Football's all about creating and scoring goals we just fell short in that area but can still be proud of our footballing ethos.A far more important game on Tuesday when all the one game wonders will be parked infront of their tv's just hope it's not after the lord mayors show.

Hooray, a less deluded one!

Welcome to the big boy leagues where playing good football counts for little if you can't stick chances away.

Chesterfield did ok, a decent little side, but ultimately we were far more clinical with our chances, which you'd expect given our respective league standings.

Why do they seek our approval so much?

Maybe it was just a Cup game where we tried a couple of new things out and just was hoping to get through it with one mind on Blackburn.

Why aren't we talking about Chesterfield? Because they weren't THAT good. Neither were we. But we aren't looking for praise. We still created the best 4 chances.

Crazy. It was just a bonus game. And that's how we treated it.

They're sounding like Leicester.

Wow they had more of the ball against us playing two experimental formations, well done lads you were awesome. And your fans, easily the 5th loudest at the iPro this season.

Honestly I had a soft spot for Chesterfield being Derbyshire and all but now...

I don't mind them always looked at there results edging them on being Derbyshire and that. Never seen them as a rival.

Looking at this thread starting to not like them.. Jesus do they want us to host a party or something deluded or what.

I don't get why they are fishing for complements? I wouldn't go on the Chelsea forum after they beat us and expect them to swoon over Will Hughes. Seems a bit bizarre they would expect that.

Fans were ok, you'd expect that for a lower league side traveling in numbers for a local game. Wasn't blown away by any means.

Good luck to them.

Archived