Best TV Dramas

23 minutes ago, Moist One said:

have just read a spoiler. Doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy watching. I prefer to be ignorant if I am honest. I will deliberate on it.

I hadn’t read any spoiler on it...my wife had and she refused to watch it...which was a wise choice... 

the dissapointing thing is that scene really spoilt what was a great series with superb acting that was telling a story with a really important and delicate message... until that scene...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Battlestar Galactica worth watching (Currently on Amazon Prime)?

I watched it a few years ago and enjoyed it but never saw the subsequent series. I think I had such fond memories of the 80's series that I didn't want to spoil it. A few weeks ago I re-watched the pilot, enjoyed it again and was wondering if this one is worth a go?

I've become so wary of starting series, only for them to fizzle out into rubbish (LOST) or get cancelled before their time (Fringe)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 05:06, Moist One said:

watching season 2 of 13 Reasons Why. About 8 episodes in. It's so powerful and emotional.

I was reluctant to watch it, both because the subject matter is hardly uplifting and because the snippets I'd seen made it seem like a pretentious version of 90210 or something similar.

Tried it...and holy carp...it IS dangerously depressing at times but it's absolutely compelling. The two main leads are incredible.

When I finished S1, I couldn't really see how they would squeeze another season out of it.

Nope. Even better than the first and no doubt that S3 is mandatory to watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finishing rewatching the Wire (got one episode to go) in full for the 2nd time.

Forgot how sad the Michael - Bug - Dukie goodbyes were. Hits you squarely in the back of the head with a cinder block and now i'm an emotional wreck.

Close to admitting it's better than the Sopranos.

If you've not seen it, take a week off work, send your family on holiday and get Domino's on speed dial.

50 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Just finishing rewatching the Wire (got one episode to go) in full for the 2nd time.

Forgot how sad the Michael - Bug - Dukie goodbyes were. Hits you squarely in the back of the head with a cinder block and now i'm an emotional wreck.

Close to admitting it's better than the Sopranos.

If you've not seen it, take a week off work, send your family on holiday and get Domino's on speed dial.

Got the box set but only watch when we're on holiday. Have got as far as series 4 but then forget what happened by the next holiday so drop back a series. The moral of this tale is : take longer holidays with less time in between.

Great though The Wire is, Gomorrah, in my opinion, is even better.

This is Us - on Amazon Prime. Not sure if it's been on TV as well.

Really enjoying this story about the intertwining lives of a group of people who all share the same birthday. Funny and emotional.

I can't give more away, as the first episode is very clever in how it sets up the characters & narrative from then on.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Currently watching American Gods. If you thought Preacher was weird, this is a complete mindfark.

American Gods is excellent!

Also, I don't know if I've mentioned it in here before but I watched Black Sails a few months ago and it's standing as my favourite ever TV show currently. 

I am working my way through Ray Donovan...enjoyable but not gripping.

The Wire is my next project and possibly the only gaping hole in my C.V. Tried a couple of episodes years ago and found the dialogue hard to grasp.

My favourite series for not being able to stop watching have been -

Dexter 

Gomorrah

Making a Murderer 

Narcos 

Man in the High Castle

The Sopranos is less gripping but my benchmark for quality.

With honourable mentions to early Walking Dead and 24. And Mindhunter, The Staircase as shorter commitments.

Archived