Best TV Dramas

38 minutes ago, Moist One said:

think i did it 3, 3, 2. It was just an average storyline, some bits predictable. Well worth a watch, but not worthy of a top 20 place.

Perhaps you should have packed midfield or tried a more attacking formation.

I probably wouldn't put it in my top 20 either. Not as good as Gomorrah. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished season 2 of the Punisher at the weekend. Pretty good. Similar strengths and weaknesses to season 1. Primary antagonist very interesting. Secondary antagonist not so much. Recommended viewing if you don't know about it. Violent and well acted, both seasons have interesting and engaging forays into difficult topics like PTSD and war veterans trying to reintegrate into society etc. 
The Punisher series prologue was in Daredevil season 2, so that's good to watch if you fancy it - but not needed.
I'd give the Punisher stuff overall an A-

Also watched Castlevania on Netflix last week. It's an animation, and not many episodes, but its not too bad. Based on the games, which I've never played, but knowing nothing about them doesn't detract. Vampires n that. It's oddly paced at times but has decent action scenes. Quite gory.
I'd give it a C+

Season 2 of American Gods starts mid March. I'm looking forward to having my brain melted again.

• 3 months later...

Finally got round to watching season 2 of Westworld yesterday. Far better than the reviewers had lead me to believe. Not as good as season one but still compelling with very interesting subject matter.

Anyone seen any of Chernobyl yet? I'm hearing really good things.

The trailer for the BBC's His Dark Material's show makes it look appealing, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 23/05/2019 at 12:23, SaintRam said:

Finally got round to watching season 2 of Westworld yesterday. Far better than the reviewers had lead me to believe. Not as good as season one but still compelling with very interesting subject matter.

Anyone seen any of Chernobyl yet? I'm hearing really good things.

The trailer for the BBC's His Dark Material's show makes it look appealing, too.

Astonishing stuff.  Assuming they've retold the story as accurately as possible then it's a near flawless production in every respect.  But considering the subject matter and that it's depicting something that really happened, it is really really bleak to watch.  I'm still glad I did though.    Sorry, just realized yours was an old post and that you've probably watched it by now. 

31 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Astonishing stuff.  Assuming they've retold the story as accurately as possible then it's a near flawless production in every respect.  But considering the subject matter and that it's depicting something that really happened, it is really really bleak to watch.  I'm still glad I did though.    Sorry, just realized yours was an old post and that you've probably watched it by now. 

I have seen it yeah.

And on your point of accuracy, I've seen some articles written by Russians dotted around describing it as the most accurate portrayal of anything during the soviet era, both by the West or Russia itself.

Not just in physical/information detail but also in personality and mannerisms. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mindhunter - great show on Netflix. Just watching season 2 now 

I loved season 1; great to hear the second is out! Let me know what you think of it relative to the first.

I've unsubscribed from Netflix but once the list of shows I want to watch piles up I'll get back on it.

On 19/08/2019 at 12:20, SaintRam said:

I loved season 1; great to hear the second is out! Let me know what you think of it relative to the first.

I've unsubscribed from Netflix but once the list of shows I want to watch piles up I'll get back on it.

finished it now. I cannot compare it to season 1 very well, cos I watched S1 two years ago and have had lots of alcohol, lots of sleep and watched many other Netflix shows since then, albeit I do remember enjoying it. I don't feel I enjoyed this as much, although I did enjoy it. WIthout giving too much away, this left a lot open.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Does anyone watch Money Heist on Netflix?

I watched the first 2 series....about to watch the 3rd.

Hugely entertaining if you don't take it too seriously.

Whoever played Berlin deserves some sort of award.  Along with Patriot on Prime, it was most enjoyable TV series I've seen in quite a while.   9/10

17 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I watched the first 2 series....about to watch the 3rd.

Hugely entertaining if you don't take it too seriously.

Whoever played Berlin deserves some sort of award.  Along with Patriot on Prime, it was most enjoyable TV series I've seen in quite a while.   9/10

Agreed.

You definitely have to suspend your disbelief a little, but it’s fun to watch.

Who is your favourite character?

I really like Nairobi.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think I started it but ten seconds into it the awful dubbing ruined it. I'd rather have watched subtitles 

You can change it.

Look for the audio and subtitles settings.

You can watch it in Spanish with English subtitles.

Just like you would for Narcos, for example.

Archived