Derby County v Blackpool

sage

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of good individual performances. First half we just couldn't find the right pass and looked a bit nervous. Very frustrating!

Was crying out for Russell for Ward and I'm so glad it came at half-time. 

Glad Keane got a game and felt sorry for Bishop, who played so well in the first half. 

Not a great performance but the way we took our goals was impressive, including the two penalties which never looked like being missed.

I still worry about Keogh, though. The way he gets outmuscled is feeble at times. Buxton is so much more inspirational.

Agree with that - it would have been 2 - 1 or even 3 at halftime if not for Bishop.

Keane looked alright.

Strangely i was thinking Martins lack of mobility, movement and pace was the problem.

Then the big lump goes over in the box and the rest is history.

So you did not notice all the little slick passes and flicks from Martin, I thought he was very good.

Keane nearly scored, he could not believe the ball striking the goalies foot, still Keogh followed up.

Blackpool v QPR and Leicester v Burnley next week, then QPR v Leicester and Burnley v Blackpool.

Obviously Leicester will either take points off the others or drop them themselves, and if Blackpool can field 11 men and are suitably stung into life by this weeks events, then hopefully the top 3 drop a host of points between them.

We've got the leagues joint lowest home scorers next week at Charlton, then the leagues joint lowest away scorers in Donny the week after. Could be right amongst it by Christmas. :)

Just watched the highlights like 5 times in a row :lol:

First penalty is a blatant dive. Martin takes like 5 seconds to go down but I don't care because he's a badman.

Second penalty is a laughable tackle, nowhere near the ball.

I also love Captain Keogh. Scored a goal, got another of their players sent off with his little runs to the centre circle and dominant at the back too :wub:

Quite surprised by people rating Bucko above Keogh today. I've not been the biggest of Keogh's fans for the past couple of years but I thought he played great today. He was making some storming runs out from the back, one of which led to their second red card.

I think him and Wisdom are great together, they're constantly communicating with each other and I can only dream of Wisdom joining us when we get promoted. He put Brayford to shame today, absolute shame and he's supposed to be a CB. If being central is important to him, he'd make a decent DM. Fantastic at RB today though.

Don't get me wrong btw, thought Bucko had a good game as did everybody.

Archived