Derby County v Blackpool

sage

Can I just take this opportunity to thank everyone for putting the word out that I was feeling ill before the game and struggling to make it.

The stonking round of applause just as I raised my head beyond the parapet of the stairway barrier and made my way up the steps to my seat was really touching. It was a struggle but I got there in the end to see the Rams win, I'd like to think they did it for me.

Cheers guys.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All those assists?

He has had 6 chances that I would expect an attacking player at this level to score. Maybe I am being harsh. I just think that if we wasn't winning games more people would be picking up on his wastefulness.

Like I say if he was that clinical he would be back at Spurs playing Prem footy. He's with us for a reason. 

All those assists?

He has had 6 chances that I would expect an attacking player at this level to score. Maybe I am being harsh. I just think that if we wasn't winning games more people would be picking up on his wastefulness.

I'd grant you he doesn't look a natural finisher,but I think the time he cut inside 2 and tried to plant a little curler in was a good effort-I was sure it was going in and was up off my seat.I think his finishing might improve with a bit of composure,but he looks very dangerous to me in other play.He makes great runs-should probably bat at three.

Ah well.

To me he has a decent touch, quite skillful, not bad at passing but his end product is just not up to scratch. In fact from the games I have seen he should have scored at least 6!! And that is in only 3 games.

Not bad at passing? That pass for Ward's volley against Boro was easily premier league standard. 

I saw him against Watford and QPR at the start and I thought he lacked match practise. Against Watford I felt he had to sit deeper to help in midfield as they flooded out our middle three. And against QPR I think we were genuinely against a top team and he did well to get a goal. 

Think he's direct, he get's assists and hopefully in time will take more of his chances. But while we continue to score multiple goals in games that he has a hand in we cannot complain. If there is anything we need to look at it is why we have let in goals against Blackpool, Boro and Wigan in our last three. 

Is it just me that doesn't rate Dawkins that much?

I do think he's got better every game he's played, his running at the defence with pace and skill is defo an extra dimension non of our other strikers have got, but I do agree the FINAL pass/run/shot are missing........but the way he's improving every game if that clicks then more goals will come........I only was only able too watch game on TV today, was frustrated at half time we hadn't scored but that was down too luck on there behalf, but I said to ma dad and brother we were going to win it, they were crap, 1st half only bishop kept them in it, the 1st pen was a joke but so what, we'd have still done them anyway...

Anyone know what went off with the big bald Blackpool sub and the fan in the East stand at HT? Right on half-way, there seemed to be a bit of an "exchange of views" going on, steward came over but it never boiled over.

He terrifies defences.

Our entire midfield and forward line terrifies defences.

Now we have a defence and a goalie really doing the business too.

Exciting times.

I'd grant you he doesn't look a natural finisher,but I think the time he cut inside 2 and tried to plant a little curler in was a good effort-I was sure it was going in and was up off my seat.I think his finishing might improve with a bit of composure,but he looks very dangerous to me in other play.He makes great runs-should probably bat at three.

Was right in line with that effort, just felt as though he should have hit the target.

Loving the "YOU... TW.TS..." chant that I first heard v. Middlesbrough.

It was first aired at Wigan. They were doing some silly chant - so we modified it.

I don't think, I can ever, imagine a time, whilst on this earth, when I could feel sorry, for Paul Ince, or his offspring - arrogant as....

Archived