Derby County v Blackpool

sage

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We start scoring from set pieces when he's not on the pitch. 

Coincidence?

Its no coincidence, been much better since hes been taken of free kicks! And his all round play today was slow and he lost the ball alot, Russell came of with pace and willingness to chase and put Blackpool under pressure

Everyone in a Derby shirt (bar Ward - who was ****) was outstanding.

Keogh and Buxton were impenetrable.

Forsyth looks like a different player.

Eustace was his usual beast-like self.

Martin's performance was worthy of an Oscar ;) (that first penalty though, I laughed out loud until I realised the ref had given it!)

Dawkins was dangerous all day long.

Special mention to Russell as well as I think he changed the game. HIs first touch was much improved, he beat his man time and time again and his movement was something else.

Really pleased with that. Made my weekend! :)

PS - Blackpool were s***e.

That was unbelievable..

I don't remember seeing such a one sided Championship game for a long time.. Probably since we got hammered at Leicester a couple of years back.

I like the way they brought the ball out of defence.. It was really controlled.

Blackpool offered nothing. They can't have been that bad all season surely?

Dawkings was quality, his movement was really good.. I thought he was a donkey at QPR but since then he's been getting better and better.

They were ***** and showed absolutely no ambition after the opener. We were occasionally creative but for the most part a bit sluggish first half. Once Martin "won" the peno though it was Derby, Derby and more Derby. They couldn't live with us and we never really got into top gear.

Well happy with that.

Archived