Derby County v Blackpool

sage

1 great pass doesn't make him great at passing. If it did a lot of people would be playing professional football that isn't, jees even I have, I once played a 70 yard ball from left back to the toe of the right winger. It needs to be on a consistent basis for it to be deemed better.

Yes, but Bucko does it EVERY game.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a little push on Martin on the edge of the box, he felt it went down and ref gave it. Bit of an exagerated reaction but nothing other players don't do

Watch it again - bishops foot clips martins non-standing foot as he's entering the area. That's why he takes a step before he goes down, and it's that that makes him fall (he goes to plant the foot that was clipped but can't properly). That was maybe outside the area, but the rules are clear that if the foul continues into the area, the ref should give a penalty. And bishop has a quick shirt pull and a push inside the area, so a penalty is absolutely the correct decision.

We're too good at the moment, and yesterday wasn't even as smooth as it could be. We will absolutely smash a team when it clicks and I'm not talking 4 or 5.Even during the first half, it was just a matter of time before the floodgates opened.

Martin is brilliant. in fact he'a a bit too clever for this level. Dawkins had a lot of the ball but I'm with the other fella, I don't think he's as dangerous as others seem to think, in fact if he WAS on the same wavelength as the others he'd be sensational. Weirdly it takes him 3 touches when the rest of the lads do it it one or two. He looks dynamic but he's got to be a bit better with his head up.

Every now and then he's got to be more aware and square it, the one where he was clean through in particular was just itching to be slid across for jamie to slot home.

Wisdom was brilliant, pure class. I feel sorry for Bucko though as it seems to be clear that they're almost waiting for a reason to drop him and I don't know why when he's been untouchable.

Martins little tumble, there was no way the ref wasn't giving a penalty for that. Even after watching it I still can't agree that it was a total dive, he was pushed and it was that push that meant he lost balance, the fact it took as second for his body to catch up wasn't his fault

All in all a Fantastic win and brilliant run we're on. It's got so good that we're now strong favourites for the play offs any a lot of peoples tips to catch the top two.

Brilliant.

Criteria for Judging a Dive

0: Completely Failed

½ - 2: Unsatisfactory

2½ - 4½: Deficient

5 - 6½: Satisfactory

7 - 8: Good

8½ - 9½: Very good

10: Excellent

Its a 6.5 from me.

Re Dawkins - he's only played about 7 games. Will and Bryson have had a season and a half playing in the same midfield, Jamie the same, Johnny Russell half a season, Jeff a full season.

If and when Simon Dawkins has played in the same midfield as the others for long enough to be fully aware how they play and what they do (and vice versa), it is going to be sensational. His pass to the overlapping Andre Wisdom for Bryson's goal was exquisite.

I agree with the poster who suggested that someone is going to get a right tonking. My money's on 8 against someone, but I'd willingly settle for 6 against Florist.

Re Dawkins - he's only played about 7 games. Will and Bryson have had a season and a half playing in the same midfield, Jamie the same, Johnny Russell half a season, Jeff a full season.

If and when Simon Dawkins has played in the same midfield as the others for long enough to be fully aware how they play and what they do (and vice versa), it is going to be sensational. His pass to the overlapping Andre Wisdom for Bryson's goal was exquisite.

I agree with the poster who suggested that someone is going to get a right tonking. My money's on 8 against someone, but I'd willingly settle for 6 against Florist.

Wasn't that 'other poster' you ? , you little tinker ..

:lol:

Two important lessons for kids yesterday (and against Middlesbrough)

1) do not give a reason for a referee to give a penalty or free kick around the box! Martin had every right to go down when a player decided to push him. When you watch it in real time I think you can see why he went down. Claim a dive, but if Keogh or Buxton had done something similar then we would be saying they were stupid to even try and push the player. Also the same can be said for their goal, do not give away silly free kicks around the box

2) if you are on a yellow card, do not commit the exact same foul in a matter or minutes! Play sensibly and do not commit to 50/50s, you can still impact the game without stupid challenges. this is something Eustace does impeccably.

We're too good at the moment, and yesterday wasn't even as smooth as it could be. We will absolutely smash a team when it clicks and I'm not talking 4 or 5.Even during the first half, it was just a matter of time before the floodgates opened.

Martin is brilliant. in fact he'a a bit too clever for this level. Dawkins had a lot of the ball but I'm with the other fella, I don't think he's as dangerous as others seem to think, in fact if he WAS on the same wavelength as the others he'd be sensational. Weirdly it takes him 3 touches when the rest of the lads do it it one or two. He looks dynamic but he's got to be a bit better with his head up.

Every now and then he's got to be more aware and square it, the one where he was clean through in particular was just itching to be slid across for jamie to slot home.

Wisdom was brilliant, pure class. I feel sorry for Bucko though as it seems to be clear that they're almost waiting for a reason to drop him and I don't know why when he's been untouchable.

Martins little tumble, there was no way the ref wasn't giving a penalty for that. Even after watching it I still can't agree that it was a total dive, he was pushed and it was that push that meant he lost balance, the fact it took as second for his body to catch up wasn't his fault

All in all a Fantastic win and brilliant run we're on. It's got so good that we're now strong favourites for the play offs any a lot of peoples tips to catch the top two.

Brilliant.

Thanks ronnieronalde. If Sammon had missed the chances that Dawkins has then he would have been criticised to high heaven.

Wasn't that 'other poster' you ? , you little tinker ..

:lol:

Ronnieronalde said...

We will absolutely smash a team when it clicks and I'm not talking 4 or 5.Even during the first half, it was just a matter of time before the floodgates opened.

:p

Two important lessons for kids yesterday (and against Middlesbrough)

1) do not give a reason for a referee to give a penalty or free kick around the box! Martin had every right to go down when a player decided to push him. When you watch it in real time I think you can see why he went down. Claim a dive, but if Keogh or Buxton had done something similar then we would be saying they were stupid to even try and push the player. Also the same can be said for their goal, do not give away silly free kicks around the box

2) if you are on a yellow card, do not commit the exact same foul in a matter or minutes! Play sensibly and do not commit to 50/50s, you can still impact the game without stupid challenges. this is something Eustace does impeccably.

Also worth saying that if you are 4-1 down at the time, then there is no sense in diving in at all. The game's gone and nothing you do will influence the result.

Unless, of course, your name is Derby and you are playing a team called Ipswich.

Ronnieronalde said...

:p

I've been saying it for weeks. Someone is going to get theiri pants well and truly pulled down.

Our front six is untouchable. The intelligence they've ALL got, their movement and ability to switch play is really brilliant to watch.

I don't want to hijack a thread but my only real disappointment is that I don't think we needed to fire the manager for this to happen. I think it was coming anyway.

Of course Wisdom has been a brilliant signing and a real upgrade on either Smith or Freeman. Dawkins has provided us with something different while Hendrick and Coutts were out, but I honestly think this squad had top 6 in them anyway.

Maybe McClarens "added quality"  and the quality of those he's brought in will push them into top 2.

I can't see us not going up. The wheels would have to really come off in January for us to drop out of the top 6. We're too good, to drop out.

That is a minimum requirement, though, for an attacking player.

1 great pass doesn't make him great at passing. If it did a lot of people would be playing professional football that isn't, jees even I have, I once played a 70 yard ball from left back to the toe of the right winger. It needs to be on a consistent basis for it to be deemed better.

The thing is Dawkins is on an upwards trajectory. You are judging him as if we are playing in the top six of the Premier League, just remember we are second tier here! Dawkins is better than the likes of Danny Welbeck in my opinion.

Yes, he is still raw and developing his game due to lack of experience. But you say one great pass doesn't make a great footballer, the opposite is true. A miss doesn't make someone a bad player either. Dawkins overall influence on games is growing. He had far more influence on the game yesterday than Bryson, Hughes, Ward and Russell combined, yet you're saying he missed a couple of tough chances so he's not good enough! WOW!

I've been saying it for weeks. Someone is going to get theiri pants well and truly pulled down.

Our front six is untouchable. The intelligence they've ALL got, their movement and ability to switch play is really brilliant to watch.

I don't want to hijack a thread but my only real disappointment is that I don't think we needed to fire the manager for this to happen. I think it was coming anyway.

Of course Wisdom has been a brilliant signing and a real upgrade on either Smith or Freeman. Dawkins has provided us with something different while Hendrick and Coutts were out, but I honestly think this squad had top 6 in them anyway.

Maybe McClarens "added quality"  and the quality of those he's brought in will push them into top 2.

I can't see us not going up. The wheels would have to really come off in January for us to drop out of the top 6. We're too good, to drop out.

I would agree with this. What we needed was the manager to change his mentality, in terms of intent and recruitment, and maybe the manager to change his coaching set-up, but none were going to happen, so hey-ho.

The thing is Dawkins is on an upwards trajectory. You are judging him as if we are playing in the top six of the Premier League, just remember we are second tier here! Dawkins is better than the likes of Danny Welbeck in my opinion.

Yes, he is still raw and developing his game due to lack of experience. But you say one great pass doesn't make a great footballer, the opposite is true. A miss doesn't make someone a bad player either. Dawkins overall influence on games is growing. He had far more influence on the game yesterday than Bryson, Hughes, Ward and Russell combined, yet you're saying he missed a couple of tough chances so he's not good enough! WOW!

Never said he wasn't good enough, just hasn't impressed me. I think people would be slaughtering Sammon for any of the misses he has had. Luckily for Dawkins they haven't cost us anything yet.

Never said he wasn't good enough, just hasn't impressed me. I think people would be slaughtering Sammon for any of the misses he has had. Luckily for Dawkins they haven't cost us anything yet.

You do realise that people would be slaughtering Sammon because his job is to SCORE goals? Dawkins job is to create problems and goals, and he has created plenty. He created numerous chances yesterday and two goals minimum were directly from him.

Archived