Derby County v Blackpool

sage

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of good individual performances. First half we just couldn't find the right pass and looked a bit nervous. Very frustrating!

Was crying out for Russell for Ward and I'm so glad it came at half-time. 

Glad Keane got a game and felt sorry for Bishop, who played so well in the first half. 

Not a great performance but the way we took our goals was impressive, including the two penalties which never looked like being missed.

I still worry about Keogh, though. The way he gets outmuscled is feeble at times. Buxton is so much more inspirational.

Brilliant performance all round from the lads although ward had an off day. Like the way the fans didn't boo at ht cos they knew we were trying to play the right way against the bus of blackpool up the rams

He was crap on Weds as well. Time for Russell to be given a run in the side...

I thought we were slow for the first 20 minutes.

Some wanted to play at walking pace or stand and put a foot on the ball.

But superb second half.

Russell was a big improvement.

We got a greater variety of passing, better movement and balls over the top for dawkins who caused havoc.

Great win.

Hope this performance gives Ward a kick up the proverbial.

Defence superb especially their ability to bring the ball out.

Dawkins still an enigma to me. Seems unwilling to work hard, scared of a tackle but then does something brilliant!

Russell superb impact. Has to start next week.

Wisdom is different class,, don't harbour any thoughts of us getting him permanently we could NOT afford him.

Well played today, but hope we don't go all Barcaish, too many fooking passes sometimes, a little bit more direct first half and we would have finished them then.

Keane looked alright.

Strangely i was thinking Martins lack of mobility, movement and pace was the problem.

Then the big lump goes over in the box and the rest is history.

Archived