Derby County v Blackpool

sage

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing first half. Let in an early goal and failed to score against quite a terrible side. Passes and one two's were all over the place with Eustace looking no where near in the game. Second half was unbelievable and more like the team we know. Everyone was great. That big win 7/8 or even 9 is on the horizon. It will come. 

One of my few chances to see us live,and what a treat.I'll start off by saying Bishop was having a storming game for them first half,but was lucky not to concede penalty.When I first saw it I tended to agree with the Sky team (pace,proximity and possibly trying to get his arm out of the way),but changed my mind at half time.It appeared to me that he did have time to see the ball,and his arm made a sudden downward movement,looking like an arm to ball movement to block the ball.He really shouldn't have headed a ball across his own box second half (thought he could have headed it behind) and put his own man in strife.Mind you,the penno evened out with that shocking decision for our first.

Had my doubts about Dawkins originally,but my he looks dangerous now.Moves like a gazelle and makes intelligent runs-credit also to Russell for 2 superb balls.Well done to SM for chasing him.I can see why you all rave about Wisdom and I thought Eustace had a very solid game and nearly played a peach of a ball after 15 minutes.Martin was good,as were Bucko,Grant and Forsyth (pleased he's coming good,as I rate him and think he'll continue to improve).Can't really say much about Keogh,as I didn't notice him that much,which probably means he played ok.Can see why Keane scores goals.Not to forget Bryson and Hughes either-still think it'll be next year before we start to see the very best of him though.Nice to see Jeff getting another trot,but Jamie looks well out of sorts for some reason.That's the beauty of having decent options on the bench-no room for indifferent performances any more.

Mightily encouraged -the vino's coming out tonight,but like smiffy I might get so rat arsed I watch our pathetic cricketers (apart from Bell and one or two halves) tonight.Don't these feckers realise how much it means to some of us? 

So are you still mad at the board for getting rid of Nigel B4??? Is the "Y**ks Out" banner been thrown away???

Hopefully it'll be 'y**ks out their wallets' in January. This team is worth a little investment.

Buxton is turning into a class centre half. Did nothing wring today and his distribution was fantastic again

I don't think Mclaren bringing on Keane is a sign he wants to play him and drop Buxton. At the end of the first half Buxton looked to be carrying an injury - appeared to be labouring as if he had hurt his back. Maybe it was just a case that once we got to 4-1 he could take off our best defender without worry of losing

Why was Buxton subbed? He was brilliant today. I feel for him. He wears his heart on his shirt.

Because we were 4-1 up.....it was in the bag and so we rested him and gave keane a chance to get used to us.

Why was Buxton subbed? He was brilliant today. I feel for him. He wears his heart on his shirt.

Suppose it was an ideal opportunity to look at Keane,but like you I felt really sorry for him.Mind you,after SM's Sky interview,I think his place is safe for next game.

To milk the applause.

iPro loves Bucko.

Buxton is turning into a class centre half. Did nothing wring today and his distribution was fantastic again

I don't think Mclaren bringing on Keane is a sign he wants to play him and drop Buxton. At the end of the first half Buxton looked to be carrying an injury - appeared to be labouring as if he had hurt his back. Maybe it was just a case that once we got to 4-1 he could take off our best defender without worry of losing

You know something,that guy's my favourite player.I've nothing but massive admiration for a guy who's worked so hard to dramatically improve himself and overcome the ridicule from some quarters.A real rags(from humble beginnings) to riches (in human qualities and on field performance) story,and I just love it.Well done Jake.

Archived