Derby County v Middlesbrough

sage

Awful performance, we played better than that in some of the home games we lost at the start of the season. I said to the bloke next to me with 5 minutes to go, if we win this having played so poorly, we are going up.

Put your money on us at the bookies.

We all said this on the minibus back to Utch tonight. It was a promotion winning game. We struggled yet ended up with the 3 points.  :D

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of their lot on forums saying they didn't deserve to lose.

Thoughts?

For me I don't think a team that plays with 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes deserves to win, but we know that's how we get beaten at home, by rigid, well set-up teams. They tried that, might have been different with 11 men.

But 4th now, so who cares? :D onto the next one, up the Rams

Not sure it really matters what anybody thinks.

We won at that is that.

I'd love to see all three goals again. A few around me thought that Martin's was handball, the player who scored for them was clearly in an offside position, so did he get the ball via a touch from our player, and did Sammon score (rather than an OG) and did he actually mean it?

I'm with utch on this one though, if you get three points when you play like that, you can start thinking about promotion.

I'd love to see all three goals again. A few around me thought that Martin's was handball, the player who scored for them was clearly in an offside position, so did he get the ball via a touch from our player, and did Sammon score (rather than an OG) and did he actually mean it?

I'm with utch on this one though, if you get three points when you play like that, you can start thinking about promotion.

Having seen the goals on SSN...

Didn't look like handball. Didn't even look like a suggestion of it.

I still think their goal was offside.

And I think Sammon may have touched it but it looked like an own goal to me.

No way handball for Martin's goal, their chap was 3 yards offside for their goal, I thought Buxton hot it against their payer so offside. Sammon's goal. it got kicked against him. 

The fickle football fairy is on our side.....The Rams are going up..............

It was awful tonight!! Dawkins, ward and Martin were all terrible. Bryson had his worst game in a long time, as did Hughes!

Hendrick looked like he'd never seen a football before. Wisdom looked a bit off it tonight as well.

Thought bucko was ok although possibly at fault for the goal, Keogh decent (only one with urgency towards the end) and Forsyth played well.

Need a big reaction Saturday, think there'll be a couple of changes. Maybe Russell and keane for Buxton and Dawkins?! Bit of a reality check for us I think

What does it matter if it was a crap performance? I'm sure that Leicester would have swapped results with us - and Blackpool, Burnley, Brighton, Bolton and the Scumbuckets would have. It was one of those weeks when so many teams slipped up, but we didn't.

Unbelievably there were a group of absolute cretins in the North Stand booing when Sammon came on. They also left early and missed the winner - hahahahaha.

Tossers. It's that simple

We couldn't call ourselves credible play-off challengers if we were to face Blackpool on Saturday with only two home wins. It was really important to win tonight.

The sending off was cast iron. They clearly came out with instructions to get into us from the off and be first two everything. There's always one in the dressing room who takes that as a license to run around like a headless chicken with his studs up. He was blinded by his aggression - he genuinely looked surprised by the second booking!

Boro were probably more likely to get something from the match with their game plan from then on in. Before the red, we were growing into the game and looking more like ourselves, and they weren't up to anything. The extra man then made us panic a bit and they clearly wanted to get something from the counter. And it nearly paid off for them.

Really pleased with those three points. You can't afford to drop two points in a match like that. The three points, Forsyth and Dawkins performances, and the belief the players had were the positives. The dodgy passing, lack of concentration and general sluggishness were the negatives.

Two points gained in my eyes.

It was awful tonight!! Dawkins, ward and Martin were all terrible. Bryson had his worst game in a long time, as did Hughes!

Hendrick looked like he'd never seen a football before. Wisdom looked a bit off it tonight as well.

Thought bucko was ok although possibly at fault for the goal, Keogh decent (only one with urgency towards the end) and Forsyth played well.

Need a big reaction Saturday, think there'll be a couple of changes. Maybe Russell and keane for Buxton and Dawkins?! Bit of a reality check for us I think

Dawkins awful? I've learnt to expect anything on this forum, but that comment has taken me by surprise.

Talk of ditching Dawkins and Buxton as well? Bit premature. Aside from the fact Dawkins had a hand in all three goals on Sunday and nearly created two today as well as having a decent chance himself, he's looked really handy on the ball to me. Need to see the goal again before I comment on Buxton. But with our style of play, having CBs who can distribute the ball is an absolute must. Keogh and Buxton did a really tough job very well tonight in that regard.

Not really sure tonight was a big reality check. We weren't at our best, but we won. No one was particularly awful, it just didn't click. But it was 11 vs 10....never the best matches to make conclusions from.

These performances happen.

You're joking right no pleasing some folk

Dawkins awful? I've learnt to expect anything on this forum, but that comment has taken me by surprise.

Talk of ditching Dawkins and Buxton as well? Bit premature. Aside from the fact Dawkins had a hand in all three goals on Sunday and nearly created two today as well as having a decent chance himself, he's looked really handy on the ball to me. Need to see the goal again before I comment on Buxton. But with our style of play, having CBs who can distribute the ball is an absolute must. Keogh and Buxton did a really tough job very well tonight in that regard.

Not really sure tonight was a big reality check. We weren't at our best, but we won. No one was particularly awful, it just didn't click. But it was 11 vs 10....never the best matches to make conclusions from.

These performances happen.

I agree with Rich about Dawkins. In the 2 games I have seen (I know not as much as some) he hasn't been impressive in any way. I am trying to remember what he actually did last night and the only thing of note was the scoop pass to Ward and a snap shot from the edge of the box.

Archived