Derby County v Middlesbrough

sage

Number 3...that's a joke, right?

The first was either for persistent fouling or the challenge itself (take your pick) and the second was just a terrible challenge. It was a proper striker's tackle where he cleaned out Bucko and got nowhere near the ball. Madness that you think neither deserved a booking.

Having seen the highlights, I'm also convinced Whitehead was a few yards offside for their goal. Boro really didn't deserve a goal at all.

I couldn't see much wrong at the time.

Watched the highlights and still can't.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone watched it back on RamsPlayer?

It wasn't that poor at all. It was flat. Both sides perhaps feeling slightly tired. But it wasn't that poor as a whole. Sloppiness came from the same people. Eustace and Martin were ever so slow and clumsy.

I honestly wouldn't say either side was awful. Boro actually had good possession until the sending off. Like Derby though they were sluggish. I mean all that pace and not once did they get at their full backs.

It was just a meh performance.

Our performance is often related to Martin. His link with Bryson and Hughes is pretty much entirely what makes us tick. Dawkins/Russell and Ward are the supporting cast and they sometimes upstage the main roles but our core is bang in that middle.

When Martin plays like that then what can Bryson work with? Hughes was there tidying their mess up the whole time and it just made it look hard work.

Flat performances are deffo going to happen in the busy period. But you could still see our quality

1. Both Derby goals looked like own goals to me?

2. I think Dawkins was maybe blamed for theirs.....when subbed he sulked and walked off very very slowly

3. I don't think their bloke deserved either booking, never mind a red card.

martin clearly got his right foot to this and poked it in.

Nah I was only messing, just wasn't funny. Although, he did commit an offence and could have ran over our ball boy, especially if he'd had a few.

I quite enjoyed his one man pitch invasion.

Has anyone watched it back on RamsPlayer?

It wasn't that poor at all. It was flat. Both sides perhaps feeling slightly tired. But it wasn't that poor as a whole. Sloppiness came from the same people. Eustace and Martin were ever so slow and clumsy.

I honestly wouldn't say either side was awful. Boro actually had good possession until the sending off. Like Derby though they were sluggish. I mean all that pace and not once did they get at their full backs.

It was just a meh performance.

Our performance is often related to Martin. His link with Bryson and Hughes is pretty much entirely what makes us tick. Dawkins/Russell and Ward are the supporting cast and they sometimes upstage the main roles but our core is bang in that middle.

When Martin plays like that then what can Bryson work with? Hughes was there tidying their mess up the whole time and it just made it look hard work.

Flat performances are deffo going to happen in the busy period. But you could still see our quality

I don't think it being flat was down to tiredness. It was down to the fans and the players thinking we would turn up and just win... without the tempo and effort we should be putting in. It was so predictable that it would be flat. I just hope Steve sorts it for Saturday, because early kick off etc could lead to the same start.

Taken me a while to say anything about the game, but yeah, it was pretty crap. Though a bad game under McClaren is better than a bad game under Clough.

Key mentions, Buxton and Keogh have come on leaps and bounds from the start of this season. Keogh was winning everything with his head, back to his best imo. Wisdom was poor for his standard. Dawkins looked a threat, like he was going to do something everytime he got the ball. Forsyth had his best home game yet. Thought he looked twice the player I've ever considered him to be. It's pleasing that we can still when when we play poorly. We've come a long way.

I don't think it being flat was down to tiredness. It was down to the fans and the players thinking we would turn up and just win... without the tempo and effort we should be putting in. It was so predictable that it would be flat. I just hope Steve sorts it for Saturday, because early kick off etc could lead to the same start.

Yeah you're probably right.

The atmosphere sounded embarrassing right from the start?

Yeah you're probably right.

The atmosphere sounded embarrassing right from the start?

Maybe we were all still hoarse from the two previous away games?

Archived