Derby County v Middlesbrough

sage

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we was poor today, too comfortable against 10 men and I said they would end up scoring.

fair play to Mac and the team for going for it and bringing Sammon and Johnny on.

great to get the 3 points even though we wasn't at it. Hoping we play a bit better going forward on Saturday!

4th!!!  :D  

Predictably flat. No zip about us at all. Fans expecting us to turn up and walk it. Frustrating Their lad was warned a couple of times before his first booking then his over exuberance got him done second time. Whilst harsh... You do see yellows for it a lot of the time. Still don't think Hendrick works in that position, and I'd have seen Cisse instead. Also, would have brought Ward off. He was poor all night. Martin had Sammon's boots on. Their goal looked several yards offside. Not sure how the linesman didn't spot it. Pretty certain Sammon never touched the winner too.

A lot of their lot on forums saying they didn't deserve to lose.

Thoughts?

For me I don't think a team that plays with 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes deserves to win, but we know that's how we get beaten at home, by rigid, well set-up teams. They tried that, might have been different with 11 men.

But 4th now, so who cares? :D onto the next one, up the Rams

Flat - is the word I think. 3 points though. Can't complain really.  

It was all played in the middle of the park - all congested, too much tippytapping infront of goal for me. Get it wide if you're in a mess. Seems like we're trying to walk it in. But then, I would have put Bennett on instead of Sammon and we probs wouldn't have won, so what do I know.

We were awful tonight - it just didn't work, Martin was dreadful the ball bouncing off him in all directions - and that was just the goal..

I actually thought Boro weren't that bad - they were very unlucky to go home with nothing but hey ho thats football !

We were pants and they were absolutely shocking. We didn't bother and they parked the bus. Poor game of football really. We deserved the win, only because they were pathetically poor.

Luck is on our side for a change :)

Archived