Derby County v Middlesbrough

sage

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew! Just the sort of tight win we need. A win on Saturday would be amazing. I think both managers, Clough and McLaren should be congratulated. The team has overperformed by sticking together and sticking by their principles of playing good football. Well done.

It's games like these that really are the difference at the end of the season..

So many times you can look back through a season and pick out the dropped points due to conceding late, throwing away 2-0 leads or not finishing off your opponents when the win is there for the taking..

Under McLaren we could probably feel the Brum game was 2 points dropped but tonight and the Watford away game where we scored late definitely throws it back in our favour.

Sitting in car park now waiting to get out for drive back to Somerset. God that was hard work.

Somerset? Bloody hell, thought I had a long journey from Oxford! Safe journey home mate - we won ugly tonight but at least its 3 points and 4th place in the league - you Rams!

Just got back.

We were bad, they were terrible. Better team on the night (and in general) won.

The sending off changed absolutely nothing. They stuck 10 men behind the ball both before and after the red card (which was deserved btw - Main was a right petulent little ****).

But yes, the game should have been killed off before they scored. Poor finishing and some top-drawer saves from Given kept us out.

Carayol and Adomah are good players though and a lapse in concentration let them through. I'd like to see their goal again though. From where I was sat, it looked like Whitehead might have been offside.

Edit - Forgot to add... FEED THE FISH!

Found this on OneBoro:

"Cheers MMC we're sounding solid from the fifteen minutes I've heard
Ref bites us on the *** again, buxton diving around"

"buxton diving around"

"buxton diving around"

"buxton diving around"

I don't think he knows much about Lord Bucko :lol:

Even game with us shading it but overall rather flat, then they get a bloke sent off for two fractionally late tackles and we press on, nick the lead and you think it's all coming up Derby.

Own the ball for the entire second half, rarely look sharp and yet their keeper makes two wonder saves to keep them in it and with one of about three breakaways they scramble an equaliser. Then we huff and puff without ever really looking like making that one chance, then up pops Conor out of nothing in a chaotic box to nick it for us at the death. We just don't win games like that, yet we did.  

Bored with the football tonight, elated with the football club.

Archived