iPro Stadium

DcFc Dyycheee

Look at this another way, if IPro ever pull out of this deal, then they are pretty much done for as a company in the UK. Even though I am sure there are notices in the contract, they will still be buggered as their reputations will be damaged no end.

They have far more to gamble on this than DCFC. The income stream to Derby from the deal is the equivalent of drawing Man Utd or Forest at home in the F.A Cup which is shown on television.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't exactly put my finger on it eddie. I think I've gone from having total faith in the board AND Sam Rush to now doubting him at every turn. If he told me it was Thursday today I would have to check twice.

Agree with this. Can't put my finger on it but I just don't trust a word he says. He wouldn't lie straight in bed.

Worryingly it's similar to how I felt about Murdo Mackay.

I again no one buy the bloody drink end of and spread the word.

why the hate B4?

These people are helping us and themselves too.

So what?

Just don't call it iPro if you don't want to, it's not worth stressing out about.

Money is money, and until you win the lottery and invest it all into Derby, they will continue to find ways to get around the fair play financial rules.

Chill mate.

Why is it a massive gamble? We're not exactly staking a lot on it - and we've made nothing from the stadium naming rights for 16 years. What difference would another couple of years of earning nothing make?

its a gamble because we will be spending money against expected revenue, and should that revenue disappear then we would be left with a shortfall that would need to be covered.

That said I dont know what the issue is; due diligence would have been carried out in a deal like this, and I think that they should be credited with pulling off such a deal.

Fair enough moan about the name change; but a lot of the mistrust comes from someone doing their job correctly and removing a manager that was not good enough to take us forward.

its a gamble because we will be spending money against expected revenue, and should that revenue disappear then we would be left with a shortfall that would need to be covered.

That said I dont know what the issue is; due diligence would have been carried out in a deal like this, and I think that they should be credited with pulling off such a deal.

Fair enough moan about the name change; but a lot of the mistrust comes from someone doing their job correctly and removing a manager that was not good enough to take us forward.

I think they may have learn a lesson on not to spend money before you get it, remember they got flooked with the last parachute payment

The expense is surely only the advertising around the Stadium? The piece in the Telegraph seems to be saying that each years instalment is up front so I don't see the gamble personally.

The money is paid up front every year so there is no gamble.

Do you really think we are going to be spending future years income?

why the hate B4?

These people are helping us and themselves too.

So what?

Just don't call it iPro if you don't want to, it's not worth stressing out about.

Money is money, and until you win the lottery and invest it all into Derby, they will continue to find ways to get around the fair play financial rules.

Chill mate.

He's got a very good point I think, lets all boycott someone who is putting £700k a year into the club. Once they have gone bust I thought maybe we could move on to buymobiles.net, Toyota, and University of Derby.

PS - I think we can still win the title without any sponsorship

The money is paid up front every year so there is no gamble.

Do you really think we are going to be spending future years income?

im no accountant like some ;-) but we are continually spending future years income, be it season ticket, tv, or sponsorship money.

I dont know the ins and outs of the sponsorship, but if we sign a player in Jan on the back of this; which we have indicated we will, I would suspect that the deal will be over 3 years and would probably be based on future installments from this deal.

You would not see man u changing old tradfford would you nor would see liverpool change anfield that is my probleam.

We're not Liverpool or Manchester United, B4.

yes and?

Man City changed the name of their Stadium to the 'Etihad' and Arsenal to the 'Emirates'. New stadiums without any real history or heritage change names all the time and will going forward.

did they? What were they before?

Old Trafford is historic. Look at what they have achieved there. Same for Anfield.

What have Derby achieved at PP?

A huge part of our fanbase considers the Baseball Ground our home. Pride Park can't step into the BBG shoes at its young age. It's too new and has no history.

In time that should change.

But the way football is I imagine it will have had several different names by then. Changing name will be a regular occurrence. That's football. *****.

Old Trafford carries so much history, great players, titles, European nights, great managers, bad times, awful managers, lower division football.

It's historic.

If they moved then I'm sure they'd look to sponsorship

I can understand people who are vaguely uncomfortable with the idea of changing the stadium name, mainly because it just feels a bit corporate, and is all about the side of football that is wrong these days (football as a business not a sport)

I'm not one of them, I couldn't care less, really can't get excited about it either way. I obviously see a lot of people who are much the same.

What I can't fathom are those who seem violently and angrily opposed to it. I can only conclude that they have a mild form of autism or OCD that makes it difficult for them to accept. The same way they would react if they were told black is now white. It just doesn't compute because of the way their brain is wired, so they lash out

Archived