iPro Stadium

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think he could afford £7m on his postman's pension B4.

What about Franny with his toilet roll?

I'm with B4, yes I appreciate the £ but id rather we struggled to be honest. Bloody stupid, selling a stadium name ffs! I find it cringeworthy but I'm forced to accept it... we're a business now, and if we can advertise someone's pissing drink, it allows us to buy tosser players so we can play more games on tele and miss matches due to work because they get moved by cnuts.

Ahhhhhhh, Carling please.

What about Franny with his toilet roll?

I'm with B4, yes I appreciate the £ but id rather we struggled to be honest. Bloody stupid, selling a stadium name ffs! I find it cringeworthy but I'm forced to accept it... we're a business now, and if we can advertise someone's pissing drink, it allows us to buy tosser players so we can play more games on tele and miss matches due to work because they get moved by cnuts.

Ahhhhhhh, Carling please.

Been down Greenhoffs?

Dis you just compare the City Ground to Old Trafford and Anfield? Good lad

heh, thought you might like that if you spotted it but yeah. Hillsborough, Baseball Ground... Anywhere! Who'd want to paper over the cracks that hold so much history.

The new plastic grounds though for most clubs if not all don't hold much emotion to the majority of fans because aren't they all 20yrs old at the most? Still new.

Otherwise it's like walking past a shop saying 'that used to be Clive's groceries. My mum would take us in there and buy us a coca cola each' while pointing at a giant Tesco.

Still the same stuff inside. Lost some charm though.

For the sake of football I hope you don't ever have the CG change name. Same with any old ground. It's alright for us in our new Lego build. Let something be sacred in football ffs!

I would have liked to have thought they did more on the sight where the BBG stood. Guess its not really the area for monuments and stuff. Not going to have a picnic under statues of Mackaay and Todd and Co in that area.

It's only a name, why not make some money off it?

Now how much would we charge to get an ipro bottle in the badge? We could change our name to ipro county for lots of wonga. They are only names, everthing's for sale.

Interesting to see the old ones who are always moaning how football has changed, happy to accept ipro as pride park meant nothing to them.

Is this the same generation who was on watch in the 80s when the tories sold off the country for quick financial gain? Cheers guys!

Otherwise it's like walking past a shop saying 'that used to be Clive's groceries. My mum would take us in there and buy us a coca cola each' while pointing at a giant Tesco.

I still call the paper shop on Bondgate "Rene's".

Rene hasn't been there for about 30 years.

TobyWanKenobi

Could have called it kevin hectore satadium something like that.

If we are going to name it after a legend, should we not spell their name right in the title of the stadium?

Even if it were considered debt under FFP (and I'd challenge you to direct me to any part of FFP that stipulates this),there is nothing in FFP that forbids the generation of new debt.The only remotely relevant ruling is that the specified extra allowable losses (over and above the annual figures for acceptable deviation) must be met by equity,if availed of.

I couldn't however whilst looking found a great site that is quite good at excplaining it:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

I couldn't however whilst looking found a great site that is quite good at excplaining it:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Most of that was more relevant to the Prem than the Championship.For a detailed look at how FFP affects us,you need to look at this:-

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

Going back to your original point,if you'd said that accelerating income (by loan) of,say £6m,then that figure wouldn't boost the FFP result in that particular year by that amount,you'd have been correct.The reason for this being that the accounts would only show the income DUE for that year.Therefore,although you might have a lot of cash to play with,you'd be constrained by an FFP ruling based on actual income due.

its a gamble because we will be spending money against expected revenue, and should that revenue disappear then we would be left with a shortfall that would need to be covered.

Not for the first time,you've shown an appreciation of financial matters,Leeds Ram.

Interestingly,although there might be a cash shortfall in such circumstances,we'd get relief in respect of our FFP result because the collapse of a major sponsor is listed amongst the exceptional items that might enable a club to claim relief (though it doesn't state a period of time).

Cool name? your having me on

As an 8 year old kid when it was built and named,yea cool name. Different to any of the other boring rubbish names around at the time ie Riverside, City Ground, St James Park...just different which made it cool. Now it sounds like a latch on to a brand that means nothing to nobody and lost its individuality

Archived