iPro Stadium

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If somebody at Coca Cola decided it made commercial sense to sponsor Old Trafford for £1bn, the Glazers would do it. Never mind the heritage and the history. EVERYTHING has got its price. Sad but true. £700k for PPS>iPro? Good business. Half of that and you couldn't have moaned.

You cannoyt spend future income as in FPP it is considered debt regardless of it being projected or guarenteed, this, I believe was one of the many reasons FFP was brought in.

Was that in reply to me, if so im not sure I understand you; if not apologies :-D

did they? What were they before?

Man City's ground was called the 'City of Manchester Stadium' before the sponsorship deal.

Arsenal's ground was 'Ashburton Grove' until they changed it

Any club with a 'new' stadium will change its name - if Liverpool move from Anfield, there's a very good chance that the stadium they move into will have a sponsored name.

Its just the way things are. The fact Derby are getting £7m to rename a 16yro stadium is fantastic business in my eyes. Unlike Old Trafford and Anfield, Derby have won nothing of note at Pride Park, but have still generated a huge amount of income for a stadium that has seen a few years!

How very.short memory you lot have pp have seen earnio whacope poom stamic and so on with have seen carling cup semi final against man u play off semi final against southampion. So do not tell me pp has no histroy. I am not happy about sell pride park name. I wish the yanks would **** off.

How very.short memory you lot have pp have seen earnio whacope poom stamic and so on with have seen carling cup semi final against man u play off semi final against southampion. So do not tell me pp has no histroy. I am not happy about sell pride park name. I wish the Americans would **** off.

PP has no history.

Man City's ground was called the 'City of Manchester Stadium' before the sponsorship deal.

Arsenal's ground was 'Ashburton Grove' until they changed it

Any club with a 'new' stadium will change its name - if Liverpool move from Anfield, there's a very good chance that the stadium they move into will have a sponsored name.

Its just the way things are. The fact Derby are getting £7m to rename a 16yro stadium is fantastic business in my eyes. Unlike Old Trafford and Anfield, Derby have won nothing of note at Pride Park, but have still generated a huge amount of income for a stadium that has seen a few years!

Dont get me wrong I think its a good deal, but I can understand why people dont like the name change.

I also didn't know arsenal ever played a game at ashburton grove; so I thank you for the education :-)

How very.short memory you lot have pp have seen earnio whacope poom stamic and so on with have seen carling cup semi final against man u play off semi final against southampion. So do not tell me pp has no histroy. I am not happy about sell pride park name. I wish the Americans would **** off.

im sure the Americans would wish the same about some fans.

I'm not over the moon about the renaming of the stadium, but I do have to ask some older fans.

Just because PP hasn't seen what the BBG did, doesn't mean it has no history!!

To you maybe it doesn't! You have seen better days with DCFC, the thousands of younger fans born c1990 onwards have not!

Pride Park is THEIR Baseball Ground.

Poom is THEIR Shilton.

The Semi Final with Man U was THEIR famous European clash with Juventus.

Jim Smith was THEIR Brian Clough.

Do you not understand how the younger fans are upset?

I'm not over the moon about the renaming of the stadium, but I do have to ask some older fans.

Just because PP hasn't seen what the BBG did, doesn't mean it has no history!!

To you maybe it doesn't! You have seen better days with DCFC, the thousands of younger fans born c1990 onwards have not!

Pride Park is THEIR Baseball Ground.

Poom is THEIR Shilton.

The Semi Final with Man U was THEIR famous European clash with Juventus.

Jim Smith was THEIR Brian Clough.

Do you not understand how the younger fans are upset?

Point taken, but it's not anywhere near as ingrained as the BBG was, and football was different then.

We're now having to compete with teams coming down from the Prem awash with SKY (spit) money, the only way we can compete with those clubs, and maybe the ONLY way we can bring those days back, are by maximising our revenue with deals like this.

Grow up b4. It's a name, it's not like the stadium has been knocked down and rebuilt in Burton!

Having a few good players isn't history.

Bradford made the Carling Cup final last year. Ipswich the semi final the year before (?)

Nothing like the BBG, City Ground, Old Trafford or Anfield

By the way I'm not having a go at anyone here, I'm a nice lad (well I think I am), I'm just putting a point across, that's all

In years to come mate I'm sure Pride Park would have felt like home to everyone. But it's still relatively new. A name change this early in its life doesn't seem such a big deal.

If its the ipro for 40 years then you'd probably see a fuss made. Most fans will have known this ground as our only home.

I understand what you're saying. Truly I do. But it's got no great history. It's new. It's had some good players but how many glory years? A handful in how many years? It's had it's routine ups and downs. No European football.

I measure it on glory and age. It's not really got either.

Pride Park has no history that is comparable to other stadiums that have been around for a while. To talk about semi final games as history is actually embarrassing for me.

B4 -one thread you hate the Americans, you hate naming rights yet you still think we are a good enough team to win the league. Make your mind up for gods sake but stop posting naive comments.

We have to generate revenue. Simple as.

You cannoyt spend future income as in FPP it is considered debt regardless of it being projected or guarenteed, this, I believe was one of the many reasons FFP was brought in.

Even if it were considered debt under FFP (and I'd challenge you to direct me to any part of FFP that stipulates this),there is nothing in FFP that forbids the generation of new debt.The only remotely relevant ruling is that the specified extra allowable losses (over and above the annual figures for acceptable deviation) must be met by equity,if availed of.

Archived