iPro Stadium

DcFc Dyycheee

What's bugging you, ronnieronalde? Is it the Slough thing?

Would it have been better if they were from Billericay?

I can't exactly put my finger on it eddie. I think I've gone from having total faith in the board AND Sam Rush to now doubting him at every turn. If he told me it was Thursday today I would have to check twice.

I'm surprised It doesn't concern anyone else at all that there is no record of this company having any employees yet they're going to pay us 7m quid.

It's definitely not the Slough thing, I've got a lot of respect for any one who has the balls to start their own business. These lads have succeeded before in different areas, nowt against them at all.

My first reaction yesterday when I heard was not bad, decent name, clever idea.

I was expecting to see a really smooth website and an established presence online, I expected them to be a big global firm.

When I went online, I couldn't find anything, and that bugged me a bit.

I'm probably still just in a bad mood. I'll calm down once I've had a bottle of ipro. 

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone negative with getting money into the club without selling our top players need a reality check. The name could be alot worse than iPro, we've all took the mick by saying BuyMobilePhones.net Arena etc.

As long as the board don't go changing our colours, club name and so on we can't really moan.

Every club is selling their grounds naming rights, even non-league clubs are at it, I think we've managed to get a really good deal, can't imagine the City Ground raking much money in on renaming that dump unless its Fawaz's own company it's being renamed to.

I can't see why people are worried. If they haven't got the money, the stadium sponsorship falls through and we get someone else  (at some time). Rush did say they were talking to 'several' potential sponsors.

It concerns me! I don't see where this money is going to come from. 

I personally think they are gambling on this giving iPro alot of publicity, seems like a massive gamble but they were always going to sell naming rights

I personally think they are gambling on this giving iPro alot of publicity, seems like a massive gamble but they were always going to sell naming rights

Why is it a massive gamble? We're not exactly staking a lot on it - and we've made nothing from the stadium naming rights for 16 years. What difference would another couple of years of earning nothing make?

I can't see why people are worried. If they haven't got the money, the stadium sponsorship falls through and we get someone else  (at some time). Rush did say they were talking to 'several' potential sponsors.

Anybody would think it was us lending them 7 million.

What you see as worked up, I see as a healthy interest in facts.

I don't trust the current CEO, I can't be more open than that.

Again I don't like the way this has been "sold" to us. This is not some established global brand we should be excited to have, this is 4 lads from Slough who are going to need a hell of a lot of support to grow to the levels needed to pay us the 7m quid. 

That support is coming from Derby County, we've just given them a vehicle into the market, a platform to launch from.

I don't think this company would get near any other football club for naming rights, at least not in it's current form and I don't know how we can claim 7m in sponsorship from a company that doesn't look to have too many guaranteed revenue streams existing right now.

I think the success of this company is heavily reliant on piggy backing Derby's marketing and brand.

Again I've got no problem with a group of young businessmen trying to make an idea fly, I've got huge issues with us pre declaring a 10 year deal and trumpeting it as the biggest of its kind. when the truth is the last sports drink start up these lads tried they dissolved after two years.

I just want to know that I can trust the people in charge of Derby to be telling me the truth when they speak.

We've just been backed by a start up and we're going to have promote them as much as we possibly can to help them pay us that 7m quid.

Come on Ronnie...you have no idea about their revenue streams, how do you know they are not sat on a £10million order and that is the basis of them getting this deal? Not saying that is the reality but you appear to be writing them off based purely on your guesswork.

I'm not really sure how any of this episode can make you question whether those in charge of Derby are telling the truth...are you suggesting that we have not signed a £7million deal?

I thought advertising always has been and always will be a 2 way thing, 1 party promotes the other party who in turn pays for their services unless I am missing something.

Why is it a massive gamble? We're not exactly staking a lot on it - and we've made nothing from the stadium naming rights for 16 years. What difference would another couple of years of earning nothing make?

I'm all for it, but too many people moaning because someone has seen some finances etc.

If this company is a new company it's a gamble on them being a successful business over the next 10 years

I'm all for it, but too many people moaning because someone has seen some finances etc.

If this company is a new company it's a gamble on them being a successful business over the next 10 years

Yes, but it's their gamble, not Derby's.

I'm not moaning. I'm just curious, and have to say doubtful, that they can fulfill their side of the deal. Hopefully I am wrong. I usually am.

Let's just assume that we get £700,000 up front every year. Sam and co look at the business and think it's a gamble, as some on here have decided it may be. They decide to take the £700,000 each year (the best ever deal for a league club so we are told) until such time that they don't pay us, then we move on.

Is this not good business?

We may have even got more up front, not seen any detail?

Have to sell some drinks for £7m though!! It's £1 a bottle, say 10% profit?

That'd mean selling 7 million bottles a year or 70 million in total just to cover this deal! Figures are guesses but don't imagine they're miles out!

Don't really care though to be honest! Their problem not ours

Archived