iPro Stadium

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why release an announcement at 8pm? To me that's hyping it up. Just tell the Telegraph, let it trickle through.

Also the club felt the need to tweet a photo of Rush and someone from Ipro as though it's great news and we just need to witness this piece of important history.

I think it should have been dealt with in more of a 'look, we know alot of people won't be too happy with this but it's a good opportunity to compete', rather than making it out to be some fantastic joint venture.

We're one step closer to franchising. Derby City Ramraiders.

I would say announcing it at 8pm is very poor timing for publicity.

It's past all the newspapers deadlines and no-one much listens to Radio Derby for sports news at that time and it's past the 6pm t.v news slots. 

I would say a much better time to release it publicity wise would have been mid morning/early afternoon.

I was working vaguely in the same company when the original Pride Park project kicked off.

The Government had an initiative called "City Challenge" where cities could bid for massive amount of funding to regenerate an area of the inner city to attract further investment.

The trading company set up to manage the bid was called Derby Pride – a load of people from my work got seconded to this company to work on the bid.  

As far as  can remember there was no acronym involved in the term pride but I could be wrong. Obviously when they won the City Challenge money they named the area Pride Park, and then the stadium became Pride Park Stadium almost by default. There was no explicit reasoning behind the name. It's kind of like christening the new baby "the new baby" because that's what it is. The new baby now has a name at last!

When you look back at what was achieved, it's hugely impressive in my opinion, and ironically something we Derbeians should indeed have pride in. A more detailed write up is here

http://www.derbygripe.co.uk/pride.htm

That is a really interesting read and, definitely, the regeneration of the area should be looked back on with pride by Derbeians.

However, the name 'Pride' still has no history or tradition with the city other than being a name for a project. The stadium was called Pride Park Stadium because it was in Pride Park, and was erected pretty much as soon the business park had been completed.

For me, changing the name of a 16yr old stadium from something that means little to the current heritage of the city to something that means little to the current heritage of the city shouldn't be looked upon with anger, we are not loosing anything by renaming it. If the original stadium had made reference to past industrial history such as the railways or mills or even some other historical reference, I think that the changing of the stadium name would have been very difficult for the people of Derby to take. 

It would be interesting to see what people's thoughts are regarding naming Derby's ground and what everyone's suggestions would be for a name that actually means something!!!

What did iPro themselves do to publicise it? Where was their fanfare? As far as i saw it was just Cliff on twitter.

Personally I'd have preferred a business with a bit more of a presence, a bit more of a tradition. I've had a look at their website and it looks cheap, I've had a look at where their offices are based and it looks cheap, I've had a look for any announcements at all of planned new hires for this global brand.  Surely they must have needed employees to get to this stage? Or must be needing them now, Production, packing, logisitcs, sales? Marketing?

All from Unit 6 Waterside Drive langley.

That's what's bugging me, I can't find anything so far that suggest this company is going places.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for entrepreneurs and this Cliff Bogle and his mates might just be the next huge success.

I just don't see their credentials for becoming a major sponsor of our football club. I'm probably just being daft.

I promised myself I'd stay away for a few months,but it's worse than giving up fags.Saw the 3 links you put up,Ronnie,and I can't find anything to reassure you.They seem to be availing of small companies exemption,which would allow them to submit an abridged balance sheet in lieu of full accounts.Scraping the memory banks,I think you need to fall below 3 thresholds to gain exemption.I'm pretty sure 2 are turnover and number of employees,and I suspect the 3rd to be either net assets(worth) or total assets.Don't ask me the thresholds,as I've done all I can from memory and I can't launch myself into much delving with any enthusiasm.I did however find this re one of the directors:-

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/912816229

The combined cash and combined net assets of companies he's involved with don't appear to amount to much.If you were to throw "BSG Associates" into the CH website,click on the appropriate company number,and then click on "order information",you'd find that a director of the same name (which doesn't automatically mean the same person) features for this company.

The last time we announced a 10 year deal (catering),the deal was said to be valued at £Xm,but it later became apparent that the figure included (obviously estimated) benefits likely to accrue to Delaware.I hope this deal isn't in the same vein.I did note that SR said the deal was "worth £7m",but I didn't notice "to Derby County".Journalists have subsequently said we're getting the £7m,but that might just be their interpretation.If anyone has seen the magic words actually quoted,I'd be somewhat reassured.The £7m looks high to me,given the visible scale of the company involved.

Right, 

I think its safe to say that Ipro and soccerade appear to be the same product 

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Soccerade-UK-Sport-Leisure-Launch-148604.S.59159970

for one that means the actual product is a massive company, 

if this is a rebranding for the uk market its a bit unprofessional, 

if its a start up and they have bought the rights for the uk market, then we shall just have to wait and see 

I promised myself I'd stay away for a few months,but it's worse than giving up fags.Saw the 3 links you put up,Ronnie,and I can't find anything to reassure you.They seem to be availing of small companies exemption,which would allow them to submit an abridged balance sheet in lieu of full accounts.Scraping the memory banks,I think you need to fall below 3 thresholds to gain exemption.I'm pretty sure 2 are turnover and number of employees,and I suspect the 3rd to be either net assets(worth) or total assets.Don't ask me the thresholds,as I've done all I can from memory and I can't launch myself into much delving with any enthusiasm.I did however find this re one of the directors:-

The combined cash and combined net assets of companies he's involved with don't appear to amount to much.If you were to throw "BSG Associates" into the CH website,click on the appropriate company number,and then click on "order information",you'd find that a director of the same name (which doesn't automatically mean the same person) features for this company.

The last time we announced a 10 year deal (catering),the deal was said to be valued at £Xm,but it later became apparent that the figure included (obviously estimated) benefits likely to accrue to Delaware.I hope this deal isn't in the same vein.I did note that SR said the deal was "worth £7m",but I didn't notice "to Derby County".Journalists have subsequently said we're getting the £7m,but that might just be their interpretation.If anyone has seen the magic words actually quoted,I'd be somewhat reassured.The £7m looks high to me,given the visible scale of the company involved.

why do you want to stay away for a few months at the most exciting time in the last 5 years?

DCFC get £7million...who do you think it benefits?

It potentially pays off 50% of the mortgage which saves £500k interest or £10k a week, in other words funds a new signing.

Not sure where you got those figures.Less than £500k per annum is currently charged on the whole PP loan.Even if £7m came completely upfront,an interest rate of 2.5% over base (which has been steady at 0.5% for years) would only yield savings of c£210k on interest.

I can't be 100% sure but I believe this company we're giving out these drinks at points in the Great North Run this year. Seem to kind of remember running past a few markers with these drinks being given out. Seeing as there's also a link to Newcastle United who use them might make sense?

Right, 

I think its safe to say that Ipro and soccerade appear to be the same product 

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Soccerade-UK-Sport-Leisure-Launch-148604.S.59159970

for one that means the actual product is a massive company, 

if this is a rebranding for the uk market its a bit unprofessional, 

if its a start up and they have bought the rights for the uk market, then we shall just have to wait and see 

The fact that they're soccerade calms me dwon just s tiny little bit but still not massively.

They sponsored Ronaldo and went massively globaly by all accounts. But now all I can find is websites that don't exist anymore and the fact that soccerade is disssolved as a company.

I cant find any info at all on what happened to the brand itself and that makes me think its time to stop digging!

Because I'm not well.

I'm sorry to hear your recovery is taking so long, did they give you a recovery timescale? Or is it massively different by patient?

Wishing you a speedy recovery though Ramblur, I'd mistakenly assumed that from your immediate return post-op that you were well on the way back to fighting fit.

Not sure where you got those figures.Less than £500k per annum is currently charged on the whole PP loan.Even if £7m came completely upfront,an interest rate of 2.5% over base (which has been steady at 0.5% for years) would only yield savings of c£210k on interest.

I was just using an example, I don't have the accounts with me at all times unfortunately but thank you for correcting the figures.

Turnover £6.5m

Gross assets £3.26m

Employees 50

You have to be under the threshold for at least 2 to qualify as a small co

Hmmm, I've thought about it. Slept on it. And decided I'm not keen on this name change.

Regardless of whether the name 'Pride Park' has or hasn't got historical relevance to some here, for me personally it is the Ram's stadium I grew up with, therefore I do feel a larger degree of sentiment towards it. On the few occasions I did go to the BBG I was too young to remember it, so most my memorable occasions as a DCFC fans have been experienced at PP - which to my mind is the club's home.

I agree that the new name could've been much, much worse, but it's also highly symbolic of the way football is going - towards the american model, where everything that's sellable will be sold. It sets a tone - realistically, how long is it before the name of the club itself get's changed because it's suddenly deemed acceptable to sell it? Cardiff and to a degree Hull have opened the door and demonstrated that anything is possible, and - judging from the response of their fans - it's a slippery slope into murky territory. One where money and brand marketability are more important than sentiment, heritage and tradition.

Call me conservative if you like, but I'd take sentiment over £££.

why are people thinking this is an American thing?

Reebok, Cellnet, McAlpine, KitKat, Walkers, King Power, John Smiths, B2Net, Emirates, Allianz, Philips, etc etc.

This is not a new phenomenon!

Totally agree.

I'm sorry to hear your recovery is taking so long, did they give you a recovery timescale? Or is it massively different by patient?

Wishing you a speedy recovery though Ramblur, I'd mistakenly assumed that from your immediate return post-op that you were well on the way back to fighting fit.

Unfortunately,osteoarthritis in the hip was the least of my problems.Just when I'd started to walk confidently,rheumatoid arthritis struck again in both hands,right(operated side) knee,and quite possibly right foot.Allied to that I seem to have recurring chest problems which may be linked to immune disorder.Anyway,I'm sure folks don't want to read of my problems every 5 minutes,so suffice to say if I stop posting,I'm likely unwell-but thanks for your kind thoughts. 

Good to hear from you, Ramblur. I think a few of us were hoping to hear your thoughts on the matter!

Great as it is to have you on here your priority must be your health! So if we don't hear from you for awhile, all the best.

Thanks,archram.I should learn to take my own advice,as I'd absolutely promised myself I wouldn't get involved last night.That's the Rams for you though :)

Archived