Where will we be at end of 2013?

ariotofmyown

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep waiting for Blackpool to drop off but they're doing pretty well..

I mean, 2 losses in 17 games is as good as anyone in the league and quite a few of their draws have been from them conceding in the last minute..

I don't expect them to make the playoffs but I wouldn't exactly rule it out..

Derby will make the playoffs if we win the games we feel we should win.. We'll get a few suprises along the way, probably a sloppy home loss to Huddersfield or Doncaster but if we can keep draws to a minimum and win games we'll have a chance..

I missed Forsyth because he's got that LB spot sewn up. I didnt miss him off to be critical. The other players get picked around him. Which sounds odd! Lol

:lol:

Forsyth is first name on a team sheet.  :lol:  :lol:  Feels like we are not doing so well after all.

We will have dropped the ball if we're not in the playoffs come the FA Cup break

Boro (H)

Blackpool (H)

Charlton (A)

Doncaster (H)

Huddersfield (A)

Barnsley (A)

Wigan (H)

We can definitely win 3 of those matches..

At the halfway point on 23 games we should be sitting on at least 37 points which would be playoff form over a season.

I haven't felt this confident of a Derby side since George Burley's playoff season.. Not only are we winning games away from home but doing it quite comfortably..

Under BD it was a scrap every match and we really got lucky in alot of games..

I keep waiting for Blackpool to drop off but they're doing pretty well..

I mean, 2 losses in 17 games is as good as anyone in the league and quite a few of their draws have been from them conceding in the last minute..

I don't expect them to make the playoffs but I wouldn't exactly rule it out..

Derby will make the playoffs if we win the games we feel we should win.. We'll get a few suprises along the way, probably a sloppy home loss to Huddersfield or Doncaster but if we can keep draws to a minimum and win games we'll have a chance..

Burnley have some very tough matches coming up. We should look to overtake them. 

• 4 weeks later...

I can't see Derby getting in the top 6 at any point during the whole season..

The top teams seems to be really consistant this season and I fully expect 6th place to get around 73 points..

Burnley from their position should definitely make the top 6.. They only need another 45 points from 34 games which is only midtable form.. They'd be kicking themselves if they fail to get at the very least 70 points..

As for the other sides, I just can't see the likes of Reading, Forest, Leicester, QPR and Watford losing that many games.. In fact, other than Leicester, none of those 6 sides has yet to lose a game to someone in the bottom 10. It goes to show that there seems to be a definite quality divide (or consistancy divide) this season regarding those top teams..

Spot on Bris :p

It's quite funny looking back, I always said I'd be disappointed if we weren't top 6 when we got to this point, because of our relatively easy run of games.

Now, going back into the back half of the season - I really don't know what to expect.

We're solid defensively now, we've got enough quality in attacking positions - it will only be down to concentration now.

I suspect some people on here are deluded about the points necessary to reach the playoffs. Last year the Championship was very even and a record low of 68 points plus a decent goal difference got you a spot. Three average teams went up; three good ones came down; a lot of others strengthened. Project sixth place at the moment and you're looking at 84 points for the 6th playoff spot. It might not be quite that, but the minimum is going to be high 70s and it will very possibly be over 80. Yes I know that's exceptional, but so was last season.

The top 7 are already away and we're playing catchup. If we keep doing well, by the end of 2013 we'll be somewhere between 6th and 8th place. Reading have started to get their act together and by the end of the year, I expect them and QPR will be looking to break away at the top. That leaves us fighting for a playoff spot with Fester, Burnley, Florist, Watford, Blackpool, and anyone on the charge from below. Already a quarter of the season's gone. We've lost 4 matches while the most any of the current playoff teams have lost is 2. To catch them we really will need some run. I say we'll go into 2014 in 7th and hope we'll mount a push to go higher.

Well, I was right about one thing...

Archived