Where will we be at end of 2013?

ariotofmyown

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see Derby getting in the top 6 at any point during the whole season..

The top teams seems to be really consistant this season and I fully expect 6th place to get around 73 points..

Burnley from their position should definitely make the top 6.. They only need another 45 points from 34 games which is only midtable form.. They'd be kicking themselves if they fail to get at the very least 70 points..

As for the other sides, I just can't see the likes of Reading, Forest, Leicester, QPR and Watford losing that many games.. In fact, other than Leicester, none of those 6 sides has yet to lose a game to someone in the bottom 10. It goes to show that there seems to be a definite quality divide (or consistancy divide) this season regarding those top teams..

I can't see Derby getting in the top 6 at any point during the whole season..

The top teams seems to be really consistant this season and I fully expect 6th place to get around 73 points..

Burnley from their position should definitely make the top 6.. They only need another 45 points from 34 games which is only midtable form.. They'd be kicking themselves if they fail to get at the very least 70 points..

As for the other sides, I just can't see the likes of Reading, Forest, Leicester, QPR and Watford losing that many games.. In fact, other than Leicester, none of those 6 sides has yet to lose a game to someone in the bottom 10. It goes to show that there seems to be a definite quality divide (or consistancy divide) this season regarding those top teams..

Yeah I can't see any argument with that.

The teams I thought/think are catchable are Forest and Burnley. But like you say Burnley have just set themselves up so if they do fizzle out they still can make the Play Offs with average results.

Forest I think are the most vulnerable. I think it'll be a decent season now to just put pressure on the Play Off stragglers and put them under pressure going into the last games.

I think the top teams in the Championship this year offer more threat to the PL than last year.

Watford obviously are doing good business using their links.

Leicester and QPR have cash to go out and rectify weakness. Forest also seem to offer decent wages and under BD they can offer a Play Off Battle as much as anyone. Burnley are paying decent wages and Reading are also a quality side with plenty to offer.

Everyone else is sort of at a disadvantage. But I'd like to think that the gap isn't huge and the weakest of the bunch (forest/Burnley) can be caught if we produce promotion form.

Yeah I can't see any argument with that.

The teams I thought/think are catchable are Forest and Burnley. But like you say Burnley have just set themselves up so if they do fizzle out they still can make the Play Offs with average results.

Forest I think are the most vulnerable. I think it'll be a decent season now to just put pressure on the Play Off stragglers and put them under pressure going into the last games.

I think the top teams in the Championship this year offer more threat to the PL than last year.

Watford obviously are doing good business using their links.

Leicester and QPR have cash to go out and rectify weakness. Forest also seem to offer decent wages and under BD they can offer a Play Off Battle as much as anyone. Burnley are paying decent wages and Reading are also a quality side with plenty to offer.

Everyone else is sort of at a disadvantage. But I'd like to think that the gap isn't huge and the weakest of the bunch (forest/Burnley) can be caught if we produce promotion form.

73 points for 6th place Bris says and I agree unless Forest, Burnley and a another start to lose form.

So we need 55 more points from 34 games

Win 14 draw 13 lose 7 would do it. I think that's possible.

73 points for 6th place Bris says and I agree unless Forest, Burnley and a another start to lose form.

So we need 55 more points from 34 games

Win 14 draw 13 lose 7 would do it. I think that's possible.

I'd like to think we can come close to that.

I've got my heart set on a decent December.

Yep me too. A lot of the teams quoted ain't that good. Leicester are scraping results, Florest, I believe will blow up and I've to doubts about Burnley's boss. All we need to do is get our act together.

The only worry with Burnley is that they get enough points now that they only have to stumble across the finish line.

Nigel Pearson is a bit ordinary and any good manager would have Leicester doing more.

Reading are pretty solid throughout. Good team, decent manager and some cash behind them.

QPR are over-powered.

Watford look too good to finish outside the top 6 by miles

That's 5.

Results like Blackburn and Ipswich aren't good enough.

Makes games like next Saturday seem must wins. Even though really we went beyond expectations last Saturday

The only worry with Burnley is that they get enough points now that they only have to stumble across the finish line.

Nigel Pearson is a bit ordinary and any good manager would have Leicester doing more.

Reading are pretty solid throughout. Good team, decent manager and some cash behind them.

QPR are over-powered.

Watford look too good to finish outside the top 6 by miles

That's 5.

Results like Blackburn and Ipswich aren't good enough.

Makes games like next Saturday seem must wins. Even though really we went beyond expectations last Saturday

Mmmm! Fair shout. The only thing I would say is that it is still very early to predict anything. Rodley's right, if we sort out the defence then we will only have to worry about ourselves. The Championship often has a late runner. Why shouldn't it be us?

Archived