Where will we be at end of 2013?

ariotofmyown

I just had a quick read back over this thread. It makes a nice read to see how far we've come. Was only a couple of months back we were hoping to stay in the hunt for playoffs, whereas our aims are suddenly much higher.

We've stormed thru an easyish set of fixtures with some great football and a few slices of good fortune. The games get a bit harder now and the expectation is there. Hopefully Wigan are tireder than us. A win on Wednesday would set things up nicely for Leicester after the cup fun.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

73 points for 6th place Bris says and I agree unless Forest, Burnley and a another start to lose form.

So we need 55 more points from 34 games

Win 14 draw 13 lose 7 would do it. I think that's possible.

Out of that, we've now done 8 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. That makes our target for 73 points as 6 wins, 11 draws and 6 losses from 23. That form now would surely be seem as a really bad/disaster run of form for us. 73 points is definitely more than manageable now, 29 points from 69 after getting 44 from 69. 

I can't see Derby getting in the top 6 at any point during the whole season..

The top teams seems to be really consistant this season and I fully expect 6th place to get around 73 points..

Burnley from their position should definitely make the top 6.. They only need another 45 points from 34 games which is only midtable form.. They'd be kicking themselves if they fail to get at the very least 70 points..

As for the other sides, I just can't see the likes of Reading, Forest, Leicester, QPR and Watford losing that many games.. In fact, other than Leicester, none of those 6 sides has yet to lose a game to someone in the bottom 10. It goes to show that there seems to be a definite quality divide (or consistancy divide) this season regarding those top teams..

Ahem!

Archived