Emergency grab what's left on loan suggestion thread

Scott129

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Jos the Boss" Hooiveld is a bit mystery to me. I watched him closely when he played in Finland and he was brilliant. Played two seasons and we're chosen best defender in the league both times. But he moved on quickly after drunk driving. I remember him being proper journeyman before this Finnish gig and even more so after it. If there's some reason for it (even more than drunk driving), I wouldn't want him here.

But Dobbie I would gladly welcome. As classy playmaker forward as you can be.

Think you have got it mixed up there, Cheron, this is the "emergency loan" window, regular loans are only available in the actual transfer window. So when the loan window opens it is the emergency loans and players are only allowed for a total of 3 months (93 days I believe)

Again, I could be wrong but I don't think so... Regular loans can be made during the transfer window but then the loan window (only for clubs below the Prem) opens on the 8th and closes again on the 25th Nov... Then there's another one 8th Feb to 24th March... Then Emergency loans are if you need to make a loan outside the loan window... Only supposed to be used if say, you lose both your keepers, but loads of clubs are using it for short-term regular loans...

I think there are restrictions on the number of short terms loans you can do (4 per season I beleive) which means if you loan the same player for 3 x 1 month periods you've used 3 of your short terms loans...

Edit: Looking around it may just be that we're using different terminology for the same thing... The FA defines this period as the "loan window" with "emergency loans" being those with extenuating circumstances... The limit of number of short terms loans seems to have been replaced by the limit on the number of days but the FA have said that can be flexible if needed...

Again, I could be wrong but I don't think so... Regular loans can be made during the transfer window but then the loan window (only for clubs below the Prem) opens on the 8th and closes again on the 25th Nov... Then there's another one 8th Feb to 24th March... Then Emergency loans are if you need to make a loan outside the loan window... Only supposed to be used if say, you lose both your keepers, but loads of clubs are using it for short-term regular loans...

I think there are restrictions on the number of short terms loans you can do (4 per season I beleive) which means if you loan the same player for 3 x 1 month periods you've used 3 of your short terms loans...

Have a read of this article, it explains the loan window

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274879/Football-League-loan-window-explained.html

While they can’t exchange any money to secure a permanent transfer, they can improve their squads with as many emergency loan moves as they like. Ostensibly, they are to cover injuries or suspensions - hence the use of the word 'emergency' - but they are increasingly used strategically by cash-strapped clubs to try and turn their seasons around

Say no more - I now understand.  :lol:

He said before the weekend that he is going to strengthen when the loan window is open this week, and they have assessed what is available  -  do have targets .

Who we get will ultimately be determined by the loan fee and % of wages we are expected to pay.

I assume he will be going for a CB  ( experienced  premier player no longer included in 25 squad) and temporary cover for Hendrick ( up and coming young premier player who needs to get experience and games) who can provide what he does and the rest of our midfielders do not.

But I could be wrong !!!!!

Hooiveld may only be in the Southampton squad because they cant make up 25 players over 21 without him. Players like Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Gazzaniga & Chambers don't have to be registered.

Billy Sharp, Lee Barnard & Tadanari Lee are also in their squad of 23, despite being unlikely to get a game.

Low scoring 'winger striker' but did make 47 appearances in an automatic promotion side last season.

No idea whether he's left or right sided, or even if there's any truth in the above but if he was right footed he could possibly come in to replace Coutts in our most right wingery position with Coutts being used more centrally. This post probably guarantees he's left sided.

Archived