What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2021 at 20:04, Rev said:

The last man on Earth is stunning, possibly my favourite track of the year, looking for some quiet time to delve deeper into the album.

Tried listening at work, but it's not the sort of album that works over heavy machinery!

Did you have a listen to the album, Rev?  What did you think?

On 19/06/2021 at 13:24, Eddie said:

Lead singer is a big Derby fan (Kev Moore - I'm pretty sure that some of you know him)...

Also, this new album is utterly brilliant.

1132058323_angelofdeath.png.thumb.jpg.fd37d6a8416213ad4b2799b1bb784057.jpg

Still this.

Best metal album I've heard in 5 years.

99 Luftballons

Kraftwerk

Anything from Bowies Berlin years

Rammstein

Bach, Beethoven & Brahms

What? Blaring 3 Lions, World in Motion and Vindaloo before England knock out games hasn't worked in the past, so why not see if this lifts the curse? Plus a couple of those are actually listenable.

We've been traveling in the countryside lately enjoying the good weather we had and radio turned on while driving.  Two songs have been played quite a bit, one a cover of a 60's local hit Lífsgleði (life joy) an upbeat song about enjoying living, the other Iceland's first attempt at breaking into the foreign scene, Yakkety Yak Smacketty Smack.

Edited by ramit

A new Maiden track was released today. I really like it, some brilliant guitar work from Adrian Smith. Bruce can still hit the notes as well, thankfully, since his cancer treatment.

You’ve got to love Maiden, they still sound strong and they keep progressing their sound, even after 40 + years.

On 15/07/2021 at 19:24, Kinder said:

A new Maiden track was released today. I really like it, some brilliant guitar work from Adrian Smith. Bruce can still hit the notes as well, thankfully, since his cancer treatment.

You’ve got to love Maiden, they still sound strong and they keep progressing their sound, even after 40 + years.

I must have listened to this about 20 times since yesterday… it’s incredible.

the opening single on the last few albums have tended to be a bit weaker so if that’s the case with this it will be one hell of an album ??

by far my favourite band and I can’t wait to see them at download next year.

52 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I must have listened to this about 20 times since yesterday… it’s incredible.

the opening single on the last few albums have tended to be a bit weaker so if that’s the case with this it will be one hell of an album ??

by far my favourite band and I can’t wait to see them at download next year.

Same here mate. I’ve been into them since I was 14, So 1989. Seen them probably 12 times but not for a while.

They went through a tough period when Adrian and Bruce left but they’ve been back on form since Brave New World and just keep making good music. I love this latest track, it gets better with every listen!

10 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Same here mate. I’ve been into them since I was 14, So 1989. Seen them probably 12 times but not for a while.

They went through a tough period when Adrian and Bruce left but they’ve been back on form since Brave New World and just keep making good music. I love this latest track, it gets better with every listen!

Bit younger than you… but been in to them since a young’un because of my dad. Brave new world is probably the most complete album ever in my opinion. I went to see them on the final frontier tour and the book of souls tour in Nottingham. This new one is brilliant though ??

12 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Bit younger than you… but been in to them since a young’un because of my dad. Brave new world is probably the most complete album ever in my opinion. I went to see them on the final frontier tour and the book of souls tour in Nottingham. This new one is brilliant though ??

BNW is a great album, but you can’t beat Beast as a complete album! What do you think of the earlier albums? I’m interested to know, because when I got into them it was the classic lineup and everything they’d done up to then was really strong. Adrian left after that and it went downhill until he came back.

12 minutes ago, Kinder said:

BNW is a great album, but you can’t beat Beast as a complete album! What do you think of the earlier albums? I’m interested to know, because when I got into them it was the classic lineup and everything they’d done up to then was really strong. Adrian left after that and it went downhill until he came back.

The older albums are good but there’s only 2-3 per album I think are great (generically the ‘classics’) but BNW was what properly started it for me. I was only 8 when that came out but 20 years later it’s still one of my favourite albums ever. 

im actually listening to BNW now as this conversation put me in the mood for it ??