What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

A random old set this is, but the latest played on my Youtube dash are...

A slow and wonderful crescendo from Oh Wonder. Love its gentle power. Sometimes makes me tearful but in a good way. Can't say I understand why though. No matter! 

A song about where we go 'to hide' or have done. Chris Robinson swears he never meant it as such but I call ********. Some will relate, most thankfully won't.

No reason for this one. It just is : )

Last off a rather pensive version of a Neil Young classic. Haunting and beautiful in equal measures.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

37 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Everything is already on our doorstep. Slow down and enjoy what we have. @CWC1983 do you agree?

Well done mate, you've put a smile on my face ?

Hopefully Ill get up the road for Easter once  my parents get vaccines. 

Never thought I'd hear Findochty in a song. Brings back memories of a weekend up there with my 2 mates as 16 year olds. 

Have a good one ? 

There are signs around us. Look your loved ones in the eye and tell them regularly that you love them. 

Don't waste your time moaning and groaning about stuff you are only going to moan about when you haven't got any positive energy or positive ideas, with the mental and physical work to back up your proposals to make the positive change.

On 23/12/2020 at 21:37, angieram said:

Just been watching them performing live on Sky Arts so thought I would post this.

I bought the jo jo gunne single Run, Run, Run, liked Bad Company  and absolutely loved Free.

But my first love is 60s soul, Motown, etc. Some of those songs bring back memories of standing on the ozo end for 2 hours prior to kick off  especially The Tams - hey girl don’t bother me 

But this one will do just as well...

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I bought the jo jo gunne single Run, Run, Run, liked Bad Company  and absolutely loved Free.

But my first love is 60s soul, Motown, etc. Some of those songs bring back memories of standing on the ozo end for 2 hours prior to kick off  especially The Tams - hey girl don’t bother me 

But this one will do just as well...

I was a bit too young to appreciate most of the 60s soul at the time but have caught up with and love it now.

Free - this is my favourite track. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I was a bit too young to appreciate most of the 60s soul at the time but have caught up with and love it now.

Free - this is my favourite track. 

Yeah that was a classic off the last album. 

But every album was great. I thought they were brilliant which is strange as i it’s not the sort of stuff I would listen to now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my favorite female soul singers live

First off, the Queen Of Soul IMO Gladys Knight.  Extraordinary voice, such a passionate singer.  What subtlety, what power, what delivery, just wow.

Now that is a hairdo worthy of Jean Knight's voice

A big big favorite of mine, the amazing Helen Folasade Adu.  She knew how to work a crowd.  Would have loved to see and hear her perform live.

Really enjoying what I'm hearing from Des Rocs - he / his band have toured with the Rolling Stones & The Struts previously. First EP was a bit too generic bluesy for my tastes but he's getting more diverse / ambitious with every release.

Basically if you like big arena-ready guitar lead music in any way at all give them a  go.

Edited by Coconut

Mostly Radio 6. Lammo mentioned the radio Derby indie show called level out last week ??. Great Sunday night listening if anyone else can remember it. Other than that, working through Blur's output again, just played 'Leisure' and 'Modern life is Rubbish'.