Antiques roadshow

CBRammette

48 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

No it was good to see though wasn’t it, it was @Quangy s dad with some of their great collection.

Yes it really was - caught it totally by chance as switched tv on when got home and was on that channel. Please are there any more plans for another event at pride park or anything as was away for last one?

The red shirt my Gran did the stitching for the badges, You can tell some old biddy did this shocking sewing, Terrible conditions they were back then, In the winter she'd have to borrow the owners sheepskin coat to keep her warm, The little girl is my mum who had just finished 13 hours straight on nights at the mill, You might think that's a doll on her knee...no it's my auntie frozen stiff from the cold, That's my grandad still pissed from a session in his local in Cromford.  

image.png.9b12c4498033eb3009282eef4ec4310d.png

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0024831/antiques-roadshow-series-47-6-cromford-mills-2

From 22:50 to 26:20

With the whole thing from Cromford Mill, which changed the future of Humanity and transformed the world for good. Not a bad legacy for Derbyshire.

The beginning of the end if you ask me.