Things you wonder about our Forum Members

i-Ram

Things I often wonder about a few posters-

-One I'm pretty certain is married to my one of my cousins, pretty certain they know who they are and who I am as well😂

-as above, pretty certain my uncle is on here as well, but none of us have ever spoken about it at risk of Doxxing ourselves!!! 

-why @Anag Ram has reece mog as his profile picture and doubled down on it recently with a new picture of him

-if red dawn is actually alright irl, seems to have mellowed over the years, seems like they can take a laugh these days

-if brysons father in law (I think it was) still keeps an eye on the forum from time to time

31 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Things I often wonder about a few posters-

-One I'm pretty certain is married to my one of my cousins, pretty certain they know who they are and who I am as well😂

-as above, pretty certain my uncle is on here as well, but none of us have ever spoken about it at risk of Doxxing ourselves!!! 

-why @Anag Ram has reece mog as his profile picture and doubled down on it recently with a new picture of him

-if red dawn is actually alright irl, seems to have mellowed over the years, seems like they can take a laugh these days

-if brysons father in law (I think it was) still keeps an eye on the forum from time to time

From your part of the Country surely it must be about 50/50 that anyone else from your County posting on here is bound to be family? Only joshing Bimmerman.

I have always thought Red Dawn a really good poster too. I wonder how close he ever was to being a Ram.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

From your part of the Country surely it must be about 50/50 that anyone else from your County posting on here is bound to be family? Only joshing Bimmerman.

I have always thought Red Dawn a really good poster too. I wonder how close he ever was to being a Ram.

50/50-more like 80/20 😂

Nah, literally none of my family are devonians

21 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Here’s another one. @mice_elf I have often seen logged on, and he/she has been a member since 2011. In that time they have posted 80 times. That means on average they post once every three months. What I wonder drives Mice_Elf to make comment? Have I missed a recent post and do I now need to wait another 3 months for them to post again?

Oi Oi!  You've prompted a new post from mice_elf.

What prompts one of my rare posts you ask - well in this instance you've tagged me in this Topic, so being a reasonably polite old geezer I will give you a reply.

It's probably easier to firstly explain why I don't post very often. When I see something posted  that I think merits a response, and that will almost invariably be when I disagree with something, being a lazy old git, I tend to wait a while to see if someone else posts a response that mirrors my own thoughts. If someone does, and someone invariably will, then  great, my point has been made without me lifting a finger. There are loads of Anonymous Forum browsers viewing at any one time, and I suspect that they are lazy barstewards like mice_elf and they also prefer to let someone else do the typing.

So I generally only post when someone else can't be bothered to make my point for me, the lazy xxxxxxs.

I might start posting more frequently, and when I get up everyone's nose, I'll blame you!

1 minute ago, mice_elf said:

Oi Oi!  You've prompted a new post from mice_elf.

What prompts one of my rare posts you ask - well in this instance you've tagged me in this Topic, so being a reasonably polite old geezer I will give you a reply.

It's probably easier to firstly explain why I don't post very often. When I see something posted  that I think merits a response, and that will almost invariably be when I disagree with something, being a lazy old git, I tend to wait a while to see if someone else posts a response that mirrors my own thoughts. If someone does, and someone invariably will, then  great, my point has been made without me lifting a finger. There are loads of Anonymous Forum browsers viewing at any one time, and I suspect that they are lazy barstewards like mice_elf and they also prefer to let someone else do the typing.

So I generally only post when someone else can't be bothered to make my point for me, the lazy xxxxxxs.

I might start posting more frequently, and when I get up everyone's nose, I'll blame you!

Hey, I have plenty of time for lazy old, but polite gits. I’ve been married to one for over 20 years. I look forward to your next post @mice_elf 🐑

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How much Vimto does @Vimto Enjoyer enjoy, before he becomes sick of Vimto. Has he enjoyed Vimto all his life, or did he come late to the joyous taste of Vimto?

I have it on good authority he only drinks it whilst on a camping holiday in France. Entente cordial I think he refers it to. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?
Missed a word out

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How much Vimto does @Vimto Enjoyer enjoy, before he becomes sick of Vimto. Has he enjoyed Vimto all his life, or did he come late to the joyous taste of Vimto?

I’ll be enjoying the sweet, sweet nectar for as long as the lads at Vimto keep knocking it out the park.

IMG_6430.jpeg

Edited by Vimto Enjoyer

3 minutes ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

I’ll be enjoying the sweet, sweet nectar for as long as the lads at Vimto keep knocking it out the park.

IMG_6430.jpeg

Blimey. I only thought there was one flavour, and that was the Vimto flavour. When did Vimto start making other non-Vimto flavours? What have I been doing for the last 55 years that l have missed out on this development? My mum and dad used to lock me in the back of the car when I was young whilst they went and sat in the pub. A Vimto with a straw was my reward. I just wanted them to wind down the windows.

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Blimey. I only thought there was one flavour, and that was the Vimto flavour. When did Vimto start making other non-Vimto flavours? What have I been doing for the last 55 years that l have missed out on this development? My mum and dad used to lock me in the back of the car when I was young whilst they went and sat in the pub. A Vimto with a straw was my reward. I just wanted them to wind down the windows.

So that's where the rumour that you like doggying came from!

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Spent my childhood sitting in a car outside the pub and bookies shop with a lemonade and shoot magazine, then supporting the lie that my dad had not been near the pub and must have just been given the wrong change or lost it on the way home🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Spent my childhood sitting in a car outside the pub and bookies shop with a lemonade and shoot magazine, then supporting the lie that my dad had not been near the pub and must have just been given the wrong change or lost it on the way home🤷🏻‍♂️

To be honest I was quite loyal to them too. I can’t remember them leaving me with anything to entertain me as such but I do remember some times I did get either some crisps with a pickled egg or if really lucky a ‘chicken in a basket’. I can’t recall seeing a pickled egg in a pub now for many a year and I suspect chicken in a basket was outlawed by some food hygiene commission. 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

To be honest I was quite loyal to them too. I can’t remember them leaving me with anything to entertain me as such but I do remember some times I did get either some crisps with a pickled egg or if really lucky a ‘chicken in a basket’. I can’t recall seeing a pickled egg in a pub now for many a year and I suspect chicken in a basket was outlawed by some food hygiene commission. 

I think chicken in a basket inspired Colonel Sanders and others. The poor basket weavers all got made redundant. 
Re car abandonment I remember being bought a half of shandy in a glass with a handle and thought that was wonderful.

35 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So that's where the rumour that you like doggying came from!

Doggying? According to the urban dictionary doggying is:

Walking a woman’s dog during the daytime in the vain hope that she’ll start to think of you as a potential sexual partner, even though she already has one.

“I’ve been doggying Vanessa for threeweeks and I think she’s about to notice me as a man and invite me in for a drink.”

I’ve been walking the wife’s dog for 10 years now, without even a sniff 😮

I guess Pedro you were alluding to Dogging. You need to replace that English to Spanish Dictionary you’ve been using for the last 25 years 👍🍺

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think chicken in a basket inspired Colonel Sanders and others. The poor basket weavers all got made redundant. 
Re car abandonment I remember being bought a half of shandy in a glass with a handle and thought that was wonderful.

I’m adding you to my matés list 👍

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I had a basket meal (scampi though) in a country pub in Wiltshire a few months back and saw pickled eggs in a Coventry pub couple of weeks ago. 

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I’m adding you to my matés list 👍

@Archied is already another online mate, kindly helping me in the past with a ticket or two. Perhaps all 3 of us could meet up sometime, and sit in the back of a roomy car and discuss childhood memories, over a shandy and a bargain bucket?