Cardiff (H) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Never a bad time to rewatch this.

Great night that also saw us score the worst goal in history.

How good of a short-term signing was Cameron Jerome, by the way?

It depends how you look at it with Jerome. He performed well for sure. But ultimately we didn't achieve much extra by signing him which does make it a fairly expensive cost to impact ratio as signings go. This has nothing to do with him as a player obviously it's more indicative of how Rowett managed us. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Cardiff will be way up for it with the horrid news of Sol bamba passing, they’ll rightly want 3 points for him, we’ll  have to be at our best 

Will they though? Sol left Cardiff in 2021. We've probably got as many players who knew him as they have.

I'm not even sure he would have had much affection for the club, after they announced on Twitter that they were releasing him a few weeks after he'd finished successful treatment for cancer.

Due to the Internationals, and depending on fitness, we might see the following....

Zetterstrom

Nelson    Phillips   Cashin

Goudmijn    Ozoh    Adams    Elder

Harness   Jackson   Yates

Not sure how else we would fit them in, apart from resting a few others!

10 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Due to the Internationals, and depending on fitness, we might see the following....

Zetterstrom

Osborn for Elder, Yates middle, Jackson right and Harness left but yes that's it. NML to rest and come on as impact sub

13 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Zetterstrom

If we use Goudmjn as a wing back I’ll gouge my eyes out. Phillips should be benched and used then away at Sheffield United where we will be ok the back foot a lot more. 

26 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If we use Goudmjn as a wing back I’ll gouge my eyes out. Phillips should be benched and used then away at Sheffield United where we will be ok the back foot a lot more. 

Dont need to play every player every game, there’s definitely no need to be shoehorning square pegs in round holes. 

After the last performance, if everyone’s fit and ok following internationals (particularly NML) then it’s the same team. 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

Dont need to play every player every game, there’s definitely no need to be shoehorning square pegs in round holes. 

After the last performance, if everyone’s fit and ok following internationals (particularly NML) then it’s the same team. 

Agreed, you both want to see if we've circled on something that works and it sends out a terrible message to the squad if you start tinkering. 

8 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Agreed, you both want to see if we've circled on something that works and it sends out a terrible message to the squad if you start tinkering. 

I think when a coach has a new squad, even though he knows roughly what he wants, there is a refining system as it gets closer to the supposed ideal. The recipe worked against Bristol .. let’s leave it well alone - then tweak, introduce some of the newbies and mix it as demand arises . 

I don’t know how much of a hurry Warne will be in to blood Harness and Phillips ? .. it’s going to be interesting to see what he does. I have no firm fixed views on it. It’s part of the enjoyment for me. 

One thing for sure, If we can win reasonably well then the message/vibe/confidence in the squad will be huge.

14 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Zetterstrom

G at wing back, I very much doubt it….

14 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Zetterstrom

Why would we want to fit them all in?  Apart from NML if hes tired from travelling, start Harness, if not keep the same team. Its a long season they will all get game time. Why does Phillips have to start, he will of seen Saturdays great performance so why would he expect to walk straight in, get him on the bench. Phillips could be a great fit against Kieffer Moore next Saturday.

18 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Nels, NML, Collo, Adams, Phillips and Luthra all have history with Cardiff

Collins and Luthra joined Cardiff the summer Bamba left, Adams the year after, whilst Phillips was there 2.5 years after.

Nelson and Mendez-Laing both played with him though - Nelson for 2 years and Mendez-Laing for 3.

15 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

The right sided player in a 4 man midfield is not a wing back

Just now, Gerry Daly said:

The right sided player in a 4 man midfield is not a wing back

In a 3-4-3 system the two “wide midfielders” if that’s what you want to call them are wing backs. They would have a lot more defensive contribution than the normal winger.