Paul Warne, managers and plan

17 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Rather have Nigel Clough than Warne and that is not a knee jerk comment.

Both bore the s**** out of me, but I'd be more confident Nigel would be getting in players for peanuts and looking towards the youth setup than Warne currently is.

But that's me and I'll expect several comments berating this opinion in ten minutes time.

Your last comment there shows you know how hilarious this is. 

Both bore the s**** out of me, but I'd be more confident Nigel would be getting in players for peanuts and looking towards the youth setup than Warne currently is.

But that's me and I'll expect several comments berating this opinion in ten minutes time.

They speak very highly about you too 

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's plenty on this thread whom seem to think they know more than Paul Warne about managing a football club, tactics and recruitment.

Would suggest they fill their boots, or as an alternative more appealing proposal wind their necks in. 

If they were given the opportunity I'm sure the money would come in handy and they'd want to be a manager more than Warne professed he did.

Lots of the comments on here are mostly from posters moaning about the thread - why not just let people post what they want to say about the subject "Paul Warne, managers and plan" and if no-one has any comments it'll soon fade away?! 😄

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

Your last comment there shows you know how hilarious this is. 

It is hilarious alright. 

The same half a dozen posters coming to the defence all hours of the day, speaking of defence where's this "defender with pace" Warnes been harping on about for weeks? 

1 hour ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I haven’t seen him  improve  a current player, youth player or any player we’ve had. 

Max Bird had his best season for goals and assists of his career last season, which he directly attributed to additional coaching work he’d done with Warne.

Louie Sibley (yes I know it took him away from his “better” position) was repurposed into a very competent left back/left wing back and seemed to curb his rashness and become far more defensively disciplined.

NML best goals and assists of his career last season. McGoldrick best goalscoring season of his career under Warne. Wildsmith 

I’m not completely defending Warne here as I have heard, read and agree with some of the points made a thousand times over the last couple of years about how he could have used Sibley more as a 10, or started the youth in the pizza cup, involved them more for a few mins here and there, played a more aesthetically pleasing brand of football etc. But this sort of argument constantly trotted out that Warne hasn’t done anything for any of our players seems completely unbalanced and blinkered to me. Yes there are better coaches out there, yes we could have a more progressive style of football to watch, but in my opinion Warne deserves at least some credit in the work he’s done helping the club recover over the last 2 seasons. He’s got some strengths, and some faults.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Max Bird had his best season for goals and assists of his career last season, which he directly attributed to additional coaching work he’d done with Warne.

Louie Sibley (yes I know it took him away from his “better” position) was repurposed into a very competent left back/left wing back and seemed to curb his rashness and become far more defensively disciplined.

NML best goals and assists of his career last season. McGoldrick best goalscoring season of his career under Warne. Wildsmith 

I’m not completely defending Warne here as I have heard, read and agree with some of the points made a thousand times over the last couple of years about how he could have used Sibley more as a 10, or started the youth in the pizza cup, involved them more for a few mins here and there, played a more aesthetically pleasing brand of football etc. But this sort of argument constantly trotted out that Warne hasn’t done anything for any of our players seems completely unbalanced and blinkered to me. Yes there are better coaches out there, yes we could have a more progressive style of football to watch, but in my opinion Warne deserves at least some credit in the work he’s done helping the club recover over the last 2 seasons. He’s got some strengths, and some faults.

Add Collins to that list, he couldn’t even get in the same field as a barn door now he can hit the target with at least 10% of chances 

It is hilarious alright. 

The same half a dozen posters coming to the defence all hours of the day, speaking of defence where's this "defender with pace" Warnes been harping on about for weeks? 

Do you actually think Warne is entirely responsible for whether or not a player signs for us, as if there aren't numerous other factors involved?

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

Yesterday wasn’t tactics. It was poor defending. 

goal one - Bradley left his man 

goal two after a good block - that wrong footed Zeterstrom no one reacted to the rebound - OZOH had let his man stand in space. 

neither of those are tactical errors. We need more depth - as already identified by Warne. 

With 21 players in and around your own goal for most of the game,these things tend to happen

31 minutes ago, Papahet said:

It is hilarious alright. 

I have no strong feelings on Warne. He gets praise and criticism whenever it’s warranted. But I’m not blind to the situation he’s operating in. Guardiola would struggle with such a talent and obvious budget disparity. 

12 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Do you actually think Warne is entirely responsible for whether or not a player signs for us, as if there aren't numerous other factors involved?

No, but I do believe at this stage of the window we should have a squad competitive enough to get by if we have injuries two games in...

6 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

With 21 players in and around your own goal for most of the game,these things tend to happen

It's a bit of both. 

If you don't plan on keeping the ball and just try to defend the deep, mistakes are liable to happen eventually.

However, Bradley or Ozoh have been somewhere between partially to wholly at fault for every goal we've conceded so far this season.

Right now I think I am leaning towards being a player problem. And would probably drop both of them if I could for a while.

Edited by brady1993

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

No, but I do believe at this stage of the window we should have a squad competitive enough to get by if we have injuries two games in...

Did we not compete yesterday? I got the impression that, whilst we played like a traditional away side, we actually had good chances to level the game in the second half?

Still think we have to make Judgements after 10 games . I have always backed Warne but one thing is now worrying me . He has taken Rovrum down as we all know . But he has made a financial profit in those seasons . Is it all about money? How many “Backs to the walls” and “Alamo” types wins will we get with the present squad ? 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who's fault is that then 

Hard to say. Feels like there are multiple factors going on and a lot of it is difficult to see for sure because for a bunch of stuff we can only speculate. 

The one aspect I'm pretty confident Warne has some culpability around is a bit more obtuse. Plainly our squad is very likely worse now than when he took over and has less capacity for improving through players getting better. 

The focus was too much on getting over the line and using established players to do so. Players who we knew were not going to cut it a league above. The quality we had when he took over was sufficient that there should have been more focus on how we develop into a side ready for the championship.