Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

Osborn injury is a concern. Vickers, not so much. Would’ve taken a youngster for the bench, even if they played yesterday  

Going to be tough today. Be very interesting though. Just want to see us compete. 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne making a point to the money men that he needs more players?

With Cashin, Wilson, Osborn and Vickers all missing, coupled with the u21s playing last night I guess he didn’t have many other available options. 

The U18s played at midday today too. We had no one else to name in our first team bench.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very poor to only pick 8 subs. Always put a youngster on the bench for experience. And you never know if you might need them. I don't care they played last night. It's still the right thing to do.

Awful decision. 

I’d imagine derby travelled to London yesterday and Osborn was a late withdrawal. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very poor to only pick 8 subs. Always put a youngster on the bench for experience. And you never know if you might need them. I don't care they played last night. It's still the right thing to do.

Awful decision. 

I imagine we would have done had we been at home. The 'experience' of being in the squad would have been useful. For away games, it not really what you want to be doing.

It’s going to be an interesting one today. GK making his debut, very experienced back 4 but a lack of pace there, relatively inexperienced midfield 3 (at this level), and a forward line with pace and movement aplenty.

Hopefully Adams can support Kenzo and Ozoh in the way Osborn has as the “senior” in that 3. Looking forward to how JWZ and Yates do on debut. Stay solid, hit ‘em on the break, exploit set pieces… COYR 🐏 

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Awful decision. 

Really surprised by that. I hope he gets asked about it in the post-match interview.

Also frustrated to see this 4-3-3 again. Players in this side are nowhere near technically good enough to play in this sort of shape and it’s going to mean Watford will have lots of opportunities to pass through us.

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I’d imagine derby travelled to London yesterday and Osborn was a late withdrawal. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine we would have done had we been at home. The 'experience' of being in the squad would have been useful. For away games, it not really what you want to be doing.

Get your points but I'd still always do it. It's really not hard to get to Watford. If you're a youngster you would love to get that phone call. We could do with an academy defender today, just in case. 

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I first went to a Watford match when they had a greyhound track around the outside of the pitch, I think Watford were in the old fourth Division then.

I had to check to see if my memory was correct and it is.

Popular wisdom has it that it was Graham Taylor who cleared the dogs out of Vicarage Road, but according to reports at the time, by 1978 the track had lost its BAGS contract, a doping scandal had tarnished its reputation, and crowds had dwindled. It was already over. Chad Supreme would win the last race ever held at Vicarage Road on October 30, 1978, but as Watford forged ahead to reach new heights on the football field, all traces of greyhound racing at the ground would be gone within months.

Been to many greyhound stadiums over the years.  The strangest probably being White City.  Went there after we played QPR back in the mid 1970s

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Get your points but I'd still always do it. It's really not hard to get to Watford. If you're a youngster you would love to get that phone call. We could do with an academy defender today, just in case. 

We have Luthra for GK, Ward for RB, Forsyth for CB and LB, Thompson for CM, Barkhuizen for W/AM, Washington, Collins and Brown for CF roles.

Every position is covered by a bench player. A bit light in midfield, but unless all 3 starters have to come off, we have enough to at least play a 2 man midfield and get a forward (Barkhuizen/Washington) to play deeper.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Awful decision. 

How do you know what has happened someone could have been a doubt and he waited until the last minute