Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

32 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Only briefly visited Watford once and wasn't very memorable apart from traffic being bad. Just pretty ordinary.

Anyway, if Osbour is out, bring in adams as we're likely to be under attack for big chunk of this one.

I first went to a Watford match when they had a greyhound track around the outside of the pitch, I think Watford were in the old fourth Division then.

I had to check to see if my memory was correct and it is.

Popular wisdom has it that it was Graham Taylor who cleared the dogs out of Vicarage Road, but according to reports at the time, by 1978 the track had lost its BAGS contract, a doping scandal had tarnished its reputation, and crowds had dwindled. It was already over. Chad Supreme would win the last race ever held at Vicarage Road on October 30, 1978, but as Watford forged ahead to reach new heights on the football field, all traces of greyhound racing at the ground would be gone within months.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Surprisingly, I've never been interested in any of those facilities when going to Vicarage Road for a Rams game 😉 I was judging it more on the distinct lack of decent pubs that sell the stuff I'm interested in drinking at an away match. Personal perhaps, but for that and other reasons, it doesn't rank highly on my list of great away day locations. Obviously, being in the south-east it's going to have sufficient local wealth to support the kind of businesses you mentioned.

We're in a little micro-pub a few yards from the away entrance. What's not to like? 

Vickers, Osborn, Kane and Cash all out w injury isn’t ideal. We know Kane and Cash aren’t bad hopefully Osborn and Vickers aren’t either. Really like that lineup though.

I mentioned it earlier in the week if Ozoh and Adams mark Watfords two number 10’s Watford will find it very hard to play. Kenzo, Yates, Jackson and NML will be a very fast and fluid front four which could be dangerous on the attack.

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

Why only eight subs?

Warne making a point to the money men that he needs more players?

With Cashin, Wilson, Osborn and Vickers all missing, coupled with the u21s playing last night I guess he didn’t have many other available options. 

Just now, Rampant said:

Why only eight subs?

They probably thought the youth were all better off playing last night/earlier today but surely taking Cruz Allen who was on the bench anyway would have been more beneficial to just experience an away day with senior pros.

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne making a point to the money men that he needs more players?

With Cashin, Wilson, Osborn and Vickers all missing, coupled with the u21s playing last night I guess he didn’t have many other available options. 

He could just have come out and said as much to Clowes & Pearce in their very recent meeting? More like he doesn't want to put pressure on youngsters.