Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Keep me up to date folks - can't listen to the 🔔🔚 on Radio Derby any longer...

Me neither. Makes me too nervous. Plus the fact its no fun listening to a commentary when we have next to no possession. Its no so bad when you can see what's going on

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Me neither. Makes me too nervous. Plus the fact its no fun listening to a commentary when we have next to no possession. Its no so bad when you can see what's going on

33% possession. Tough half to come 

Ref flatters to deceive, but is doing very little about Watford’s dark arts.

As with last Saturday, it us better than I was expecting, defending well, mostly, and showing a small amount of potential to threaten, without really threatening. But then again, Watford have hardly threatened either. 

Yates has looked useful.

Pretty solid effort by the lads there. We’re going to be the underdog in most games this season, and the gulf in quality clearly shows. But we’ve defended really well in general and reduced Watford to few clear cut chances - their goal was a great finish tbf but looked offside.

We do need to show more quality on the ball though if we’re going to have any chance of surviving this season. Can’t be having this little possession every single game - when we do get the ball, we need to be more careful with it. A couple of good opportunities to break have broken down because of some poor passes. This isn’t league one anymore and we need to be much more effective in on the ball. 

Good half Rams

apart from their goal, the lad finds space very well and his finish was 👌

And Jacob’s nearly mistake 😰 

i thought we were excellent found some nice space behind some great passes from Kenzo and Ebou, Jackson and Yates looking sharp. 
as the game gets stretched I can see us finding more space but we have to stay tight out of possession 🐏👍

Just now, tomsdubs said:

Only thing I can say is that it's better than the Boro game in terms of us actually playing football but it's only just better.

Desperately negative view  ... there is a lot about our play to give confidence.  i don't think our away record will be as good this season but that's down to the quality of our opponents in this division.

12 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I'm using the BBC red button where they seem to have promoted Kelly Wotsit to lead anchor and someone called either Fay or Chloe is covering our match.

You're probably better off with Radio Derby TBH 

Going to be a tough half they have so much more quality than us but I think that will happen most games this season.

We can’t expect to hang on for nearly 90 mins again like we did against Middlesbrough - have to get Yates more involved.

Watford fans were very quiet until they scored 😞

COYR