Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

Here we go again, really didnt think I would be here after Boro at home but happy to do so. Sorry @Caerphilly Ram & @Comrade 86 in particular for taking so long to start a new one 🤣.

Our first 3:00pm kick off of the season away at Watford who have won both their league games so far so this is going be a tough test.

Main 2 questions going into the game...will JWZ start? Will Yates come straight into thrle sgarting 11? 

I personally think Vickers will keep the shirt with JWZ making a start vs Barrow & keeping his shirt afterwards. 

Vickers - Nyambe Nelson Bradley Elder - Adams Ozoh Osborn - Jackson Yates NML

JWZ Forsyth Wilson Ward Thompson Goudmijn Barkhuizen Collins Brown

I dont think Wilson will be fit enough to start but may make the bench, only other option really is CBT if he is back, Washington or a youngster.

After a tiring game, we're fortunate ti have a week to rest and recover. Cashin out due to concussion. Wilson should be fit enough to start given the 1 week gap. I don't think you can drop Vickers after that last performance, so Zetterstrom waits for now. Yates to come straight into the side.

Vickers

Wilson   Nelson   Bradley   Elder

Ozoh

Goudmijn   Osborn

Jackson   Yates   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Zetterstrom, Nyambe, Forsyth, LThompson, Adams, Ward, Barkhuizen, Collins, DBrown

I reckon JWZ will start.......he looks a right unit.

I'd have played Fozzy instead of Elder v Boro but Elder deserves to keep his spot.

Collins' stats weren't great on Saturday but he worked his socks off and was a pain in the neck for the Boro defence - thought Matt Clarke had his hands full but played well. Don't know anything about Watford but, on the basis Yates may not be match fit, I'd start with Collins and swap at half time.

They've scored 3 goals per match.in the league plus 5 in the league cup.....so a re-run of Boro will do me.

Watford have flattered to deceive in their opening 2 games with 5/6 goals coming with lots of luck and poor goalkeeping and defending, I actually don’t think I’ve ever seen so much luck for a side in two consecutive games. The only goal not lucky was an amazing free kick from far out. 

If we set up structuarally sound with our 4-3-3 system with Nyambe and Elder as full backs and a midfield of Osborn Ebou and Ozoh I think we could well win this game. I love Kenzo and think he’ll be great but he could be very useful to come on in the second half against a tired Watford side with Yates also coming on. Let Collo occupy Porteous and Ebou x Ozoh take Kayembe and Chakvetadze and watfords chances of winning decrease significantly.

The opening goal against millwall was a direct corner which the goalie should have done a lot better with. 

Second is an amazing free kick. 

The third from an shot turned accidental cross with a deflection and poor goalkeeping for a near open goal header 

First goal against Stoke was from a goalkeeper mistake 

Second goal was also from a mix of both poor goalkeeping and a bad touch from Bocat (stokes left back)

The third was a counter attack against a Stoke side chasing the game and was deflected in off goalie and crossbar 

They look frantic and narrow when attacked at with pace and width, which is our strength going forward.

JWZ

Nyambe       Nelson    Bradley       Elder

Ozoh            Osborn    

Jackson         Guidmijn          NML

Yates

(Vickers, Ward or Wilson, Forsyth, D Robinson, Adams, Thompson, Barkhuizen or CBT, Collins, Brown)

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If I go to the Netherlands for instance this weekend can I watch on RamsTV?

Soz mate, duff info as it seems it not on Sky. Still not sure if it's being shown on Rams TV though.

Edited by Comrade 86

Vickers

Nyambe   Nelson    Bradley     Elder

Ozoh            Osborn    

Jackson    Guidmijn       NML

Yates

JWZ unfortunate not to get his first start, but Vickers keeps his place after a good game.

I think we’ll surprise these and win 1-2

i agree with this side to start

Vickers

Ozoh            Osborn    

Yates

Yates coming in will give us speed in the central forwards role and I like how he finds space. He needs balls playing in the channels as he finds space off the CB’s 

I think JWZ  needs to start I dont care if Vickers had a good game he has been bought in as a key signing and has come to play. Abit harsh but if Vickers has more good games are we just going to keep him on the bench? I dont think so. So may as well bring him in and get him into match sharpness he is probably a better keeper as well so makes sense having him in for a tough away game.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Vickers

Nyambe  Nelson  Bradley Elder

Ozoh       Osborn 

Jackson    Goudmijn     NML

Yates

Subs: JWZ, Wilson, Ward, Foz, Adams, Thompson, Barkhuizen, Brown, Collins.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Vickers

Ozoh            Osborn    

Yates

JWZ unfortunate not to get his first start, but Vickers keeps his place after a good game.

This team with JWZ in goal. We pursued him as a number one.

Vickers is a number two who is in the team by default because the number one left. 

We have signed Zetterstrom as number one, so for me he plays.

Yes Vickers played well of course, every save he made was routine for me and he commanded his area relatively well. Except for one in the second half we he came and missed. It hit Latte-Lath and rolled just wide. Think if that had gone in, we wouldn't be having a debate on who plays.

Kenzo is a lovely footballer and you can see how much ability he has. First two games he has tired around 55-60. I don't think you can leave him out, he is not going to get up to speed if we drop him after two games.

Even if Wilson is fit I would still play Nyambe. Bradley plays cos I think Cashin will be out.

JWZ

Nyambe, Nelson, Bradley, Elder

Ozoh   Osborn

NML       Kenzo   Jackson 

Yates

Bring Adams on for Kenzo after an hour. See the game out 😉 

1-0 Derby. Sonny Bradley.