Is this our worst Championship team since 08?

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

Some people never change - one game in and your peddling tosh

do you still write for those freelance click bait websites that seem to give you some form of credibility in your own eyes, allowing you to post as if you are the fountain of all knowledge

cry baby GIF

• 2 weeks later...

We play Barrow this week - will Brown get a chance to progress and get his first goal ? We play Bristol city on Saturday and come up against 2 of our gems for the future . My point is - Is it possible integrate young players into a team that seems to be fighting for its life ? ( it has to be hasn’t it ) 

18 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We play Barrow this week - will Brown get a chance to progress and get his first goal ? We play Bristol city on Saturday and come up against 2 of our gems for the future . My point is - Is it possible integrate young players into a team that seems to be fighting for its life ? ( it has to be hasn’t it ) 

May as well go down with Brown than old journey men like Collins Barks ect. Much more potential to develop players we may sell n for big money down the line than use players like Collins who can finish but is knackered after about 20minutes.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Doesn’t bode well that some of those given a chance tonight struggled to make a League Two side look inferior.

We are looking like Yo-Yo Rovrum . Recruit Team - please pull your finger out . ( in the next 2 days ) 

Thoughts now?

We're in trouble IMO. The lads will need the fans to be right behind them at PP, making it a fortress will be our best hope of survival. On the road I can't see more than 3 wins or 15 points all season.

Very assured performance today, was a bit worried after the first 20mins cos Bristol dictated, after that we looked a decent side and in the end could have won by 4 or 5. Think Warne has the ability to get sides to grind out results so I think we will also win a few away from home. Looking forward to a mid table finish, or could we dream of higher 🙏

On 30/08/2024 at 22:52, Bris Vegas said:

Thoughts now?

We're in trouble IMO. The lads will need the fans to be right behind them at PP, making it a fortress will be our best hope of survival. On the road I can't see more than 3 wins or 15 points all season.

Do you always peak too early?

We've brought in 2 decent looking players since barrow and shown we can play a bit when we get the balance right and aren't playing against the upper teams in the division.

It's still one of the weaker squads we've had in this division, particularly if we have some bad injury luck but I'm feeling like it's a squad that should be capable of not being one of the worst 3 over the season.

It also may, may, be the case that Paul Warne is growing as well. I don't think he'll ever be a cavalier coach but given midfielders who can he'll hopefully use them more like today.

29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We've brought in 2 decent looking players since barrow and shown we can play a bit when we get the balance right and aren't playing against the upper teams in the division.

It's still one of the weaker squads we've had in this division, particularly if we have some bad injury luck but I'm feeling like it's a squad that should be capable of not being one of the worst 3 over the season.

It also may, may, be the case that Paul Warne is growing as well. I don't think he'll ever be a cavalier coach but given midfielders who can he'll hopefully use them more like today.

Four games in, after a tough run of games, three of which were against teams in the top 7. I feel like we still have huge room for improvement, given these lads have had so little time together and some are on their first clubs away from home too. Also, the two decent looking signings have obviously not had a chance to show they can improve us further either. I think we have scope to be a bit better then you think bud. I hope so anyway 🙏

Edited by Comrade 86