v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

4 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

No…one step at a time of course…. But….. Where we belong is the Prem…. Hate it when folks say we belong just in the Champ..

I am inclined to agree with you, based upon the size of the city and certainly the stadium Derby county should probably be a premiership club. But after the last several years and honestly with new ownership, I don't know that we have the budget to aspire to that. Don't get me wrong, I'm with you and I want to be there desperately. 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If we don’t start Collins when we have no established centre forward then why did we re sign him - serious question 

Because he might be useful as a sub 20 games into the season and because Warne loves that he infuses the dressing room with energy, commitment and professionalism.
But he’s not a starter in the ‘champ’ 

3 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

It's OK to be critical of players even after only 45 minutes. Can you stop with this nonsense?

I don’t have a problem with being critical but to suggest we go for an alternative player after just 45 minutes is the nonsense you are talking about.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The plan is to have a mobile CF who can press (Yates, or a new signing). Collins was re-signed to be 3rd choice CF to give us something a bit different. In Yates' (and a new signing)'s absence, Warne sees Jackson as a better option for the press.

Well Jackson doesn’t know who to press in that position, Yates may well be a better option but I can’t see anyone winning a long ball forward or really competing for one and our goalkeeper and defenders are hitting it long 

Desperately disappointing so far.

We’re lucky to only be 1-0 down. Gueye had a glorious chance before the eventual opening goal.

I don’t want to be too critical but you can clearly see the difference between a group of players who have largely played together and understand their roles and a group of players who have spent most of pre-season ‘getting minutes in the legs’.

Edited by Jourdan

6 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Absolutely. You're all welcome to disagree with me, but I desperately want my club to stay where they belong in the championship. Warne is the man for the job. I will happily eat my words if I am incorrect.

Nice guy, but I do not like what I've seen so far. It's pretty negligent to go in without a legitimate striker and a legitimate goaltender.

That term belongs in the trash can.

I didn’t watch any of that half so can’t say, but statistically speaking, it doesn’t look too bad.

44% possession

6 shots to their 4

4 corners to their 1

It doesn’t look like we have been particularly outplayed or anything.

The error of playing KJ as a forward means that we’re actually really light in terms of replacements for our wide players when they need it. 

I’d say swap TB for Collins but NML looks shattered already. Who do we bring in for NML after 70 minutes when he’s running on fumes? Him at 60% isn’t enough in this division like it could be in league 1. 

Well we grew into it more as the half went on. Kenzo looks class. We're only 2-3 signings away from getting the balance right IMO... As it stands, can only see it finishing 1 or 2 nil though... Not enough threat up front; we badly need that target man to both hold it up to bring the midfield higher up and get on the end of crosses.

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Come off it - it was one very good pass but the rest was inexperience from Ozoh to let him pass and then some good fortune in the blocked cross finding Dolan

One very good pass forward into midfield….but I wouldn’t disagree with anything you’ve said 👍

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I didn’t watch any of that half so can’t say, but statistically speaking, it doesn’t look too bad.

44% possession

6 shots to their 4

4 corners to their 1

It doesn’t look like we have been particularly outplayed or anything.

We took a while to adjust to it (27% possession for first 15 minutes etc) but we just started to come into it and turn it into a competition when we let their player waltz through the middle of the pitch and we conceded. We arguably finished the half in the ascendency.