Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

Could today be the day? Initial reports only suggested he was being retained for the European ties, given the rules around squad registration.

Sunday’s game is a league game, so is it really worth the risk of him getting injured? Would be a lovely way to kick off the weekend…

That instagram story looked like he was going to me. 

I initially thought he would be playing in their league game on Sunday, but now in hindsight I just think thats stupid.

I get the Europa League if they have to give their squads in before (they did it with someone who signed for Roma but let him go after the first leg)

No “new” news that I can find on social media today. One Swedish outlet has a story around Warne’s comments post match on Wednesday in which Warne played dumb about JWZ having been in England. I think from watching the clip there’s a wry smile on Warne’s chops and he’s well aware of the visit to England. I also think the fact he specifically said to Dom Dietrich a 9 (striker), 8/10 (midfielder) and centre half with pace are his “honest targets” and didn’t specify goalkeeper as being a target implies he’s confident that position is sorted. 

36 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I just checked dcfc.co.uk, full of hope,  and saw an announcement but it was to confirm that you can buy the rubbish new away kit! arghgrhghgrhghr

Yep ,,,, its rancid 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Never heard anything like this.

Agree a fee, has a medical. Then the selling club just says if you don't mind, we are just gonna carry on playing him for a bit.

Starting to think we might as well have just bit the bullet and bought in Iversen.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Never heard anything like this.

Agree a fee, has a medical. Then the selling club just says if you don't mind, we are just gonna carry on playing him for a bit.

Starting to think we might as well have just bit the bullet and bought in Iversen.

Yep. We haven’t got all the information and neither will the media, and seemingly the decision makers at the club think this is the right move so I back that to a point. I just think there needs to be a set point (and there could be) where we insist it’s done or walk away with enough time to get another keeper in.

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m normally one for patience and calm, and still think that’s the case in the short term with this deal, however there has to be a line drawn somewhere in the not too distant future. 
Eventually they need to sh*t or get off the pot. 

We just need to tell the club and player that we want it done by Sunday or we're pulling out.

If the players desperate to join i'm sure he'll kick up the necessary stink to get this sorted.

What a farce.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

You would like to think that we have set them a deadline really. 

Hopefully. As I mentioned earlier today, Warne seemed very jovial and relaxed when asked about him the other night so I’m gonna take confidence from that and not panic just yet.
It’s just a bit of an odd transaction, hoping he doesn’t end up being a Fuentes or Kieftenbeld 😆 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

43 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m normally one for patience and calm, and still think that’s the case in the short term with this deal, however there has to be a line drawn somewhere in the not too distant future. 
Eventually they need to sh*t or get off the pot. 

It doesn't make any sense, 'the medical side looks to be done'?? It can't be done, it can only be done when he's finished playing for them!! No club or insurer is going to say yes to a medical that is completed and then goes off and carries on training and playing for the selling club...

4 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

It doesn't make any sense, 'the medical side looks to be done'?? It can't be done, it can only be done when he's finished playing for them!! No club or insurer is going to say yes to a medical that is completed and then goes off and carries on training and playing for the selling club...

A medical can be done, it is a long term risk evaluation. No underlying issues. How do you think Washington passed his medical last year when he was recovering from injury.