Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Looking forward to hearing what has been going on with this. Whilst I understand their insistence on him playing in their Europa games cos they cannot register another keeper for those games, their manager thinking he plays for them on Sunday to in the league is crazy.

We have agreed everything, hes coming over for a medical. Why on earth would we let him play in the league game?

They had 2 keepers on the bench the last game!!!

I agree with the sentiment of this post.

At what point does this actually start to become a bad deal for us?

I'm hoping he plays on Thursday and then that's that. 

Don't really understand this desperation for him to arrive quickly. There are probably a few more deals -loans from PL clubs perhaps - that have been agreed but conditions require us to wait until the back end of the window to complete. The only difference with this keeper is that our interest has got into the public domain (though NEVER from a source within the club).

If he joins the day before Blackburn, I want him to start. Why? Because he’s obviously signing as our number one and nothing beats game time to perfect understand between him and his defenders.

Lets just hope it’s with a back four and not a back five.

8 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Don't really understand this desperation for him to arrive quickly. There are probably a few more deals -loans from PL clubs perhaps - that have been agreed but conditions require us to wait until the back end of the window to complete. The only difference with this keeper is that our interest has got into the public domain (though NEVER from a source within the club).

For me at least, it's the increased risk of him getting injured, and we've wasted some time and energy, then needing to change tack to a new target, or pay silly dollar for Iversen.

At least with a 'keeper the injury risk is lower... but it would be very Derby if he did pick up some kind of knock.

8 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I guess people are just very aware that the keeper and defence 'same wavelength' factor is something that only comes with game time and training sessions, so they just want to see whoever our new keeper is, getting integrated as soon as possible.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If he joins the day before Blackburn, I want him to start. Why? Because he’s obviously signing as our number one and nothing beats game time to perfect understand between him and his defenders.

Lets just hope it’s with a back four and not a back five.

Not for me. If he signed the day before Blackburn I would play Vickers.

I'd play Zetterstrom in the cup against Chesterfield.

20 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Its not the arriving quickly. Its the fact that we would have agreed to sign him and completed a medical to them let him play in 2 more games. It is ridiculous.

43 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its not the arriving quickly. Its the fact that we would have agreed to sign him and completed a medical to them let him play in 2 more games. It is ridiculous.

There is no way he can complete a medical and then play elsewhere.  The medical is also part of the player insurance process based on money spent on his transfer and time out with injury.  He could tweak a ligament and never know and it tears first kick. Then the cover wouldn't be applicable. 

It's quite a ridiculous scenario. 

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I don’t think it’s his arrival that is important it’s the certainty his arrival brings ensuring we have a decent goalkeeper in the signed and ready for the Blackburn match.🐏🐏🐏👍 

Warne apparently letting him go to Matlock Town through September, then driving him down The Racecourse alternate Sunday mornings throughout October, first come first servedI Understand though, club draws the line at Powerleague on a Tuesday night! #NITK 🙄😆

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

The one thing no one has mentioned is, does he speak English well enough in order that he can communicate with the defence and does he know the English swear words when that defence lets him down?

He speak English really good

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

The one thing no one has mentioned is, does he speak English well enough in order that he can communicate with the defence and does he know the English swear words when that defence lets him down?

He is Swedish, any Swede with half a brain speaks fluent English. Even the idiots can speak it enough to communicate fine. I think they learn it in school from the age of 7.

43 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

He speaks English better than me youth

Pretty much all Scandinavians speak fluent english

2 hours ago, ImARam2 said: