Trump

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

You clearly hear one Secret Service person say the shooters are down. 

I've no idea if the protocol differs for an ex-President, and it does seem weird. 

But with 3 people dead, I suspect this isn't some elaborate hoax or ruse. 

The shooter climbs up onto a roof with a rifle 120 meters from the stage and is able to get shots off before the secret service reacts.

Not saying it's a hoax or a ruse, but that is some very poor security.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, Ewetube said:

Sad state of affairs when people feel the need to kill someone they disagree with.

The guy was a registered republican. Likely an accelerationist. 

Edited by Srg

God bless America. Land of the free, home of the brave. Leader of the free world. 

So blessed to not be one of those horrible barbarian countries where they all run around with guns shooting each other every week, where women don't have rights over their own body and it's all lead by a narcissist racist. 

Remember Trump suggested maybe teachers in schools should have guns, didn't he? This wouldn't have happened if everyone in the crowd had legally owned Desert Eagle

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Everyone in positions of authority do, of course, have to condemn political violence, so it's ironic that the man who incited political violence in January 2021, but didn't apologise, should be on the receiving end of some.

Unfortunately, I doubt that the experience will change him for the better.

And people always seem to forget that that act of violence also cost the lives of capitol police officers. No one seems to care. 

23 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

And people always seem to forget that that act of violence also cost the lives of capitol police officers. No one seems to care. 

Not just them tho is it 🙄

https://www.statista.com/topics/12305/homicide-in-the-united-states/#editorsPicks

I don't know where Trump stands on the right to "bear arms" and the NRA but a Country that can sell firearms just down the isle from babies formula have to be a screw loose from the funny farm.

24 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Which officers?

17 minutes ago, Anon said:

Which officers?

Brian Sicknick specifically, as well as several other direct and indirect deaths and casualties.

Casualties and suicides
Further information: Aftermath of the January 6 United States Capitol attack § Casualties, and Law enforcement response to the January 6 United States Capitol attack § Suicides
See also: Killing of Ashli Babbitt and Death of Brian Sicknick

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died the day after the attack.
Ashli Babbitt, a 35-year-old Air Force veteran, was fatally shot in the upper chest by Lt. Michael Leroy Byrd while attempting to climb through the shattered window of a barricaded door.

Brian Sicknick, a 42-year-old responding Capitol Police officer, was pepper-sprayed during the attack and had two thromboembolic strokes the next day, after which he was placed on life support and soon died. The D.C. chief medical examiner found he died from a stroke, classifying his death as natural, and commented that "all that transpired played a role in his condition".

Rosanne Boyland, 34, died of an amphetamine overdose during the attack, rather than, as was initially reported, from being trampled by other rioters after her collapse. Her death was ruled as accidental by the D.C. medical examiner's office. Her mother, Cheryl Boyland, told NBC News: "She was not doing drugs. The only thing they found was her own prescription medicine."

Kevin Greeson, 55; and Benjamin Philips, 50, died naturally from coronary heart disease and hypertensive heart disease, respectively.

Four officers, from various police departments, who responded to the attack committed suicide in the days and months that followed. Capitol Police officer Howard Charles Liebengood died by suicide three days after the attack. D.C. Metropolitan Police officer Jeffrey Smith, who was injured in the attack, died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head at George Washington Memorial Parkway on January 15, after a misdiagnosed concussion; his death was found to be in line of duty. In July, two more officers who responded to the attack died by suicide: Metropolitan Police officer Kyle Hendrik DeFreytag was found on July 10, and Metropolitan Police officer Gunther Paul Hashida was found on July 29.

Some rioters and 174 police officers were injured, of whom 15 were hospitalized, some with severe injuries. All had been released from the hospital by January 11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack#:~:text=Within 36 hours%2C five people,by suicide within seven months.

Annoyingly this will do nothing but good things for trump. It certainly won’t loose him votes, it will almost certainly win him some votes and some sympathy. I don’t want to see him get assassinated, I want to see him live until he’s 100, spending the next 20 years in jail.

This'll just play into the narrative that he’s been victimised, that his criminal trials are all made up to systematically target him, and that he must be on to something dangerous and pissing off the right people if they’re going to send assassins after him.

Only hope is that it’s a reality check for him and the big coward decides to chicken out before the next one gets a bit closer.

Itll be interesting to see what the pro-gun lobbies reaction to this will be. 

It's not necessarily relevant that he's a registered Republican.

It's likely more relevant that he donated to a progressive PAC.

That is more likely to indicate his actual political leanings. 

People often register for one party simply so they can vote in election primaries because they like (or more usually) dislike a certain nominee.

In many states, you cannot vote in party primaries without being registered for that party.

All this worries me a lot.

I will not believe, without overwhelming proof, that this was an organized attempt by the right to help him win.

Just like I'd not be believing that it was some top-down assassination by the left if he'd died.

It's almost certainly a lone nutjob.

But it clearly will help Trump.

Edited by Bob The Badger

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sounds like yet another crazed centrist.

I'm guessing he's far left, and the registration was to allow him to vote in Republican primaries. Just a guess though.

He's clearly crazed, though.