Karamoko Dembele - Gone to QPR on loan

1 hour ago, RamInSweden said:

Is this one a bit dead now? Everton, Southampton, Forest and West Ham all looking at him now, according to reports.

I'd have question marks over his ability to step up to the Prem. I'm not even convinced he's got the physicality to play in the Championship. Technical ability is there but there just looked to be something missing when I saw him.

1 hour ago, RamInSweden said:

Is this one a bit dead now? Everton, Southampton, Forest and West Ham all looking at him now, according to reports.

I’d imagine he’d be loaned out if he signed for one of those 

• 2 weeks later...

All gone very quiet this one. Not just with us, but with links to other clubs as well. Thought we might have heard a bit more about it, either in the press or through our resident ITKs.

There hasn't been much at all since it was announced he was available on a free. Marc Leonard was all set to join Birmingham too, but that seems to have gone deathly silent in the past week. 

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

There hasn't been much at all since it was announced he was available on a free. Marc Leonard was all set to join Birmingham too, but that seems to have gone deathly silent in the past week. 

All this money Birmingham are spending? Surely they will be in trouble if they don’t go up?

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

All this money Birmingham are spending? Surely they will be in trouble if they don’t go up?

In fairness, they’ve not spent a king’s ransom so far. They’ve spent a decent amount for a league one team, but that was always the case from the owners - the revenues Birmingham get are comparatively very small so I don’t think their owners was ever counting on them to plug much of the loss anyway. 

Leonard for £400k and £10-15k a week isn’t going to break their bank. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In fairness, they’ve not spent a king’s ransom so far. They’ve spent a decent amount for a league one team, but that was always the case from the owners - the revenues Birmingham get are comparatively very small so I don’t think their owners was ever counting on them to plug much of the loss anyway. 

Didn't they just sign someone for £1.5m?

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Didn't they just sign someone for £1.5m?

Yes - Emil Hansson. They also reportedly paid £1.2m for Alfie May and Peacock-Farrell, plus an 'undisclosed fee' for Allsop.

Don't forget all of their existing players they will be paying for in installments.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I thought I had seen they had signed 5 or 6 players?

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Nixon says he's been offered to lots of clubs, but there've been no takers so far:

I asked him specifically about us, but he's not responded.

Weird one this, there was reports he’d be let go as a free agent but it seems he’s still contracted to Brest. I think he’d be a perfect addition to us as he plays in the 10 or on either wing, is young and will have a high chance of R.O.I.