Transfer rumours

Just now, We'll be back in 81 said:

If we get a free agent in would that mean we have a 26 man squad? Who then would have to sit out the next 4 months?

Under 21s don't count I think. Brown and Rooney.

Just now, Vyrdasm said:

Shocked no one has left barks must be way way down the pecking line now. Same with Washington. Even cbt

At least Barkhuizen is reliably fit. Difficult to cut him from the squad.

Maybe Luthra? Unlikely to need that 3rd GK, and we could name Evans or JThompson on the bench if needed.

Chirewa likely the 6th loanee, who misses out on the squad most weeks too.

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. There are some on here and other social media who think getting rid of Warne will change the approach and get more from the squad, if only a consistent style of play, and a hint of building for something other than a walking football team.

So I take it that you do understand the logic. Good for you. As previously stated, I don’t. Then I’d question your assumption that a new manager would automatically arrive at a consistent style of play. It isn’t a shoe in you know. Ahhh yes … well they aren’t his team, he needs at least 2 windows, they need time to gel. Ohhhh he’s no different to Warne .. let’s sack him too. God its dull and predictable. If you can’t see that the current regime IS trying to build something and if you can’t see the progression despite the fiscal limitations then I honestly pity you.*

*I don’t know if those efforts will be successful but I am prepared to give the participants a fair crack of the whip which you don’t seem to have the patience for.  .. hey ho .. it’s just different viewpoints isn’t it ?

Edited by jono

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe Luthra? Unlikely to need that 3rd GK, and we could name Evans or JThompson on the bench if needed.

Isn't it 5 loanees?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We only have 5 loans dont we? Phillips, Ozoh, Chirewa, Harness & Yates 

2 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

It's not just Derby who can't find a striker. Whittaker isn't going to Burnley because Plymouth can't find a striker either.

Portsmouth and Oxford found a striker. We now have an army of wide players, looks like Warne has already given up on CBT having brought in two more wide players this window. Collo once again it is then. Jackson isn’t an out and out striker as his goal scoring record shows, and I fear neither is Yates.

Edited by Matchday Fred

Good deadline day, all in all. Two smart signings who immediately improve the matchday squad. Feels like we've thought on our feet: Phillips for example isn't the 'fast CB' we were told we wanted, but he's a quality addition and sometimes you have to adjust your plans. 

I do hope there's a decent free agent striker available after tonight. But as someone who has been fairly critical of our recent recruitment: really good job by the club today. 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Over all today  I’m gutted we’ve missed out on a striker but Phillips and Harness out the blue are both good signings, obviously chance in the free agents market but time to get behind the lads now 

Ditto. Both as a pair coming in late, are as good a deadline day loans we have signed for a long while. I’m overall pretty happy with our signings; shame about the target man missing but we have a good defence now, more than capable midfielders and winger options, they just need time to gel.

As an aside, we were linked with Al- Hamidi, get Harness after also signing Jackson. Have we got some good links with Ipswich or just coincidence?