Transfer rumours

46 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Devine, Al Hamadi and a defender would be a great end to the window. Washington going out would then be even better. 

With a 25 man squad, and assuming 433/4231:

GK(3): Zetterstrom, Vickers, Luthra

RB (3): Wilson, Nyambe, Ward

LB(2): Elder, Forsyth

CB(3): Nelson, Cashin, Bradley

DM(2): Ozoh, Adams

DM/CM(2): Osborn, LThompson

CM/AM(1): Goudmijn

RW(2): Jackson, Barkhuizen

LW(2): Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor

CF(3*): Yates, Collins, DBrown*, Washington

*DBrown excluded from squad limit

Currently, we have a 23 man squad. Assuming Washington is loaned out once we get our targets in, we can only sign 3 players. Given the gaps in our squad, it's obvious those are CB, AM and CF, as you also listed

Other than the odd gane or periods in a match, 3 at the back seems unlikely, as we'll need a LWB too - perhaps something we'll explore again in January or next summer (when we can move away from wingers and play with 1x10 and 2x9s) 

With Warne stating one signing will be a free agent, it'll most likely be a CB. As Nelson is the only one comfortable on the right, we'll want a RCB - ruling out the likes of Dan Potts (previously vice captain with Bradley was as Luton), or Barbet (7 years with Brentford/QPR). To be honest, I'm struggling to find someone who doesn't have a poor injury record... I keep coming back to one of my suggestions from the start of the window - Hasan Kuracay.

If it's actually a CF, then I think there are more options which Warne is potentislly in for. Aaron Connolly (good age, proven ability in this league, but questionable attitude, isn't much more than a poacher). Kemar Roofe (good fit for our style of play, may want to move closer to home, but could be large wage demands and bad injury record) Stephen Humphrys (hard working, but more like Jackson than the CF we hope for, unproven in the Championship)

43 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Devine, Al Hamadi and a defender would be a great end to the window. Washington going out would then be even better. 

Would Devine get into the team over Goudmijn, Ozoh, Adams or Osborn?

He has a nice profile - a good passer of the ball and technically good - but would he not make the midfield either too lightweight or too inexperienced?

Al Hamadi is obviously a good goalscorer and has good instincts in the area and good finishing. Would he hold the ball up and bring others into play? Would he get the service?

When it comes to loans, you can see we are looking at players with good potential, but do they actually solve our problems?

I think we need a Dembele type of player. We need to create more chances.

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

He has a nice profile - a good passer of the ball and technically good - but would he not make the midfield either too lightweight or too inexperienced?

Al Hamadi is obviously a good goalscorer and has good instincts in the area and good finishing. Would he hold the ball up and bring others into play? Would he get the service?

When it comes to loans, you can see we are looking at players with good potential, but do they actually solve our problems?

Al Hamadi isn't very good in the air, but his all round game is very good - shooting, chance creation, dribbling, progressive passing, crossing, etc...

Devine's main strengths are dribbling and shooting. His ball retention is good and makes good passing decisions. Spurs will appreciate football is a 16 man game, so will expect Devine to be subbed on or subbed off most weeks.

So, Cooper from Leeds, who has been training with us..free transfer i would guess.

John Jules, seen at Watford game, also a free.

So thats a CD and a striker/no 10.

Looks like its a case of, making do..

9 minutes ago, valakari said:

So, Cooper from Leeds, who has been training with us..free transfer i would guess.

John Jules, seen at Watford game, also a free.

So thats a CD and a striker/no 10.

Looks like its a case of, making do..

Cooper is going to Hull

My money on the free transfer is Nathan Ferguson. Left back who can play in a back 3 if needed, right age and probably expected a better deal than ours to come up. Question mark over his fitness but worth a punt in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1 first team game since 19/20 (8 minutes)

Awkward The Office GIFDid not realise that. 

However there’s not many good options for a free in defence, so could be a risk/underwhelming whoever we go for. Unless the free transfer is a forward but once again, not many decent names there.

I've just had a look through the free agents list and see if any jump out. Obviously some of these may be way out of budget wage wise but these are the ones I could see.

Apologies if this has been mentioned.

Dele Alli

Steven Alzate

Aaron Connolly 

Joshua King

Ivan Cavaleiro

Stuart Armstrong

Yohann Barbet

Kemar Roofe

Dan Potts

Paul Dummett

Ovie Ejaria

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've just had a look through the free agents list and see if any jump out. Obviously some of these may be way out of budget wage wise but these are the ones I could see.

Dele Alli

Steven Alzate

Aaron Connolly 

Joshua King

Ivan Cavaleiro

Stuart Armstrong

Yohann Barbet

Kemar Roofe

Dan Potts

Paul Dummett

Ovie Ejaria

Some names in here but many are probably older than I think. Reckon their wage demands have stopped people signing them so far?

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Dele Alli

Steven Alzate

Aaron Connolly 

Joshua King

Ivan Cavaleiro

Stuart Armstrong

Yohann Barbet

Kemar Roofe

Dan Potts

Paul Dummett

Ovie Ejaria

One high risk potentially huge reward name on there if he is sorted that I am not sure Warne/Clowes would go for even if we could afford it.  I think say Rooney would have given how he managed to get a good run from Morrison. Could be a total disaster but imagine if not. Easy to say as a fan though posting in a forum

11 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Not sure Cooper is the free agent. Although it does sound like we were courting him.  

Think we’ll get 2 in and that’ll leave us 1 maybe 2 short.

Didn’t Cooper start out at chesterfield so maybe he wanted to get fit locally to where he may live, it’s a common occurrence in football 

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

One high risk potentially huge reward name on there if he is sorted that I am not sure Warne/Clowes would go for even if we could afford it.  I think say Rooney would have given how he managed to get a good run from Morrison. Could be a total disaster but imagine if not. Easy to say as a fan though posting in a forum

Dele Alli is busting a gut to get in the Everton team. He won’t want to come to us.

Armstrong would be a good addition but only if we also get Devine or another more mobile youngster.

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Are you giving us a clue who that is? 

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Al Hamadi isn't very good in the air, but his all round game is very good - shooting, chance creation, dribbling, progressive passing, crossing, etc...

Devine's main strengths are dribbling and shooting. His ball retention is good and makes good passing decisions. Spurs will appreciate football is a 16 man game, so will expect Devine to be subbed on or subbed off most weeks.

Well we absolutely need someone good in the air up front. We know we never win any headers but competing for them is very important and not to mention we don’t want to be actually crossing the ball to a centre half all day. Whilst we were chasing the game yesterday once Bradley went up front the ball was dropping to our players half the time and I can see him playing up there a lot more currently.

28 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Dele Alli

Steven Alzate

Aaron Connolly 

Joshua King

Ivan Cavaleiro

Stuart Armstrong

Yohann Barbet

Kemar Roofe

Dan Potts

Paul Dummett

Ovie Ejaria

Josh King is an interesting one. Plenty of top flight experience having just been playing for Fenerbahce for a couple of years and in the PL (and championship) before that for Watford, Everton and Bournemouth. 60 odd cap international too.
I think he had a decent goalscoring season playing up front for Bournemouth 5 or 6 years ago. He’s probably beyond our reach monetarily, and is 32, and typically plays out wide, BUT…. An interesting option nonetheless.

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Unless Goudmijn gets stronger and more involved he won’t be in the starting X1 soon enough as we will be going for the strength of Ozoh Adam’s and Osborn and Thompson deserves a place on there as well. So a Premiership loan ( youngster) has to be very special to get many minutes from what I am watching.